Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Man of the match award to the Somerset Road End for making Fasan wait for the ball back after all his time wasting!

Thought it was very apt and made me smile. :thumsup2

have to agree, pathetic from Falkirk who were so slow in taking throw ins and free kicks to being the fastest EVER, LOL

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk will be fine this season, they were much better than us for 45 minutes and made us look shit. They nullified us going forward and hurried our defenders into mistakes. Geggan, Adams and Rose were pretty terrible until half time. 

Second half had started similarly until Shankland's intervention. Falkirk crumbled after that and it was game over soon after. Smith was much better second half and Kerr looked a cut above at times, his range of passing is sublime. Credit to the back four for getting their shit together eventually. 

I thought Murdoch was quite poor today and Moffat hardly had a touch at times. Still, let's get another 3 points at Alloa, we owe them one up there. 

32 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

As much as my man Bairnardo has grown on me, and as much as Marshmallo is a g, get fucking down @DeeBairn. Big team drawing last night and now this. Unlucky. 

He was sitting reading live text and listening to the Beatles yet is waxing lyrical about our performance. Baffling. 

Great second half, everyone really upped their game to what we expect, Geggan really made up for that first half.  Barely launched an aimless ball all half and defended really well.  

I thought Falkirk looked dreadful - Rudden worked hard first half though.  But - they had their shape spot on 1st half - a flat back 4 of big lads with the full backs not pushing on, with Paton sitting right in front of the centre halfs meant all our usual attacking tactics were nullified - until we were 2 down we didnt threaten.    The scale of the time wasting from 35 mins or so onwards was embarassing though. 2nd half we got it sussed and once Shankland scored (thanks keeper) there was only one winner.  Kerr was excellent - best player on the park by a mile for me.   Crawford not at the races at all.  Good 3 points in the end - Doohans save late on from the volley looked brilliant, meant we didnt rue the missed chances. 

56 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

As much as my man Bairnardo has grown on me, and as much as Marshmallo is a g, get fucking down @DeeBairn. Big team drawing last night and now this. Unlucky. 

Kindly go play on a main road, you dislikable diseased scrotum. 

Still assuming I'm a Celtic fan because I don't believe Logan on the basis of no evidence? Needy, pathetic little shit stain. 

Some of the passing from the team was woeful at times. The pitch actually looked like it was a bit long and needed a cut, but that's prob as credible as McCall's "it needs watered" a few weeks back.

McDaid & Moore looked good when they came on, their pace really stretched the Falkirk defence and quite a lot of good chances were created from it. Some they decided to time waste instead and others try to take it all the way in instead of shooting.

39 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He was sitting reading live text and listening to the Beatles yet is waxing lyrical about our performance. Baffling. 

Waxing lyrical? 

I said it was the best performance of the season. Do you have a performance to put forward to counter that statement? No, I didn't think so. 

Were we deserving of a win? Nope. Have we played better than that? Nope. Did we improve over precious performances? Or were we worse? 

Answer that simple question. I'll sit here and wait. Just answer that. Did we play better than any other game this season? 

Just watched his interview with AU media and McCall seems to be developing some sort of siege mentality after the reaction to the QOS defeat and, I imagine, the reaction from parts of the ground at half time today.

Whilst he has a valid point, he must also accept that the first 45 minutes today was rotten. Nervy, second to the ball and outfought by an average Falkirk side.

Huge credit though for the second half performance. The spirit in the dressing room, that he’s trying so hard to develop, could be telling throughout the season.

Archived