Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He can't be worse than what we have. Confident in saying that before seeing him play for us. 

True. 

Then again, I thought that about Turner, Lewis and Haber. So until he starts putting them away, for me at least, he remains in the same camp as the other guys. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever pairing we have as centre backs, they aren’t good enough, so we need full backs to stop crosses.

For me, we need a deeply unfashionable 4-4-2. Nothing more elaborate than that.

Midfield has its own limitations, but I will be genuinely disappointed if Paton keeps his place. Ayr will play round him in a heartbeat.

We know we cannot sit in for 90 minutes to try and force a draw. We know we have (up to now) zero goal scoring threat. Rudden is our one surprise package, and maybe some brave choices in midfield can change that.

If we get anything from this, it’ll be a point, and we will have to score once or twice to get it, but even if Ayr have an off day, they should still have more than enough to comfortably brush us aside.

I'll be on a plane home from San Diego when this game is being played. Also missed the QOS game so hoping that was just a bad day at the office and we'll bounce back on Saturday. 

Teamwise I'd go:

Doohan

Smith Rose Adams Ferguson

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, Bell, Docherty, Forrest , McGuffie, Moore 

Same side and formation that started against Dunfermline for me, with McDaid coming on later for either Forrest or Moffat and Bell coming on to shore up midfield if required.

Sadly (or happily) I'll be in Krakow rattling the Tyskie and Cherry Soplica while this is taking place, so will need to make do with the Sporting life updates.

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Same side and formation that started against Dunfermline for me, with McDaid coming on later for either Forrest or Moffat and Bell coming on to shore up midfield if required.

Sadly (or happily) I'll be in Krakow rattling the Tyskie and Cherry Soplica while this is taking place, so will need to make do with the Sporting life updates.

You can pay for AU Media tv coverage if you’re abroad.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Were Falkirk just as shite as usual at the weekend as you got knocked out by some unheard of team in the Irn Bru Cup or was McKinnon wanting out of the competition, genuinely don't know who'll win on Saturday

Well, no-one genuinely knows who will win on Saturday, but given that a single point of data doesn’t give a trend, Ayr’s last result is neither here nor there. Our last four or five results do however, point to a trend. On that basis, an Ayr win seems to be the sensible option to choose.

Usually, there’s a bit of a “but football’s a funny game, and can throw out some crazy results now and again”. For this game though, “crazy” is not enough. Football would have to be wearing its full on psychopath hat for Falkirk to win the game. No goal threat, a defence with Paton that is so slow, time lapse photography is needed, and a midfield that can rarely account for its whereabouts between 3pm and 4.50pm on a Saturday.

Two nil Bairns.

5 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Fasan

Russell Harrison Brough Robson

Irving Sammut

Greenwood Froxy Dunne

Me

Best chance of three points

I doubt Russell will play at right back, maybe appear at centre half after strolling through the reserve game there and push Brough to left back and Robson forward one. I cant see Greenwood make the 11 either after his showing on Monday.

I think we will stick with a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 type, I dont think we are ready to start a game with the 4-2-3-1 which Ray seems to prefer, we are far to open with a 4-2-3-1 and we need more a solid back for now.

I will be surprised if Paton isnt in the 11, not because I want him to be more that he is the kinda player managers stick by, Dunne playing left back on Monday was an interesting one, the lad has pace to burn with an end product and could be a big player for us this season still a lot to pin on a very young laddie.

Id love to see Froxy in the starting 11 but I think youd be lucky to get 60 mins out of him, so maybe better for an impact sub for now. I am passed the making up my player and formation selection as it seems for now its a case of throw all the names down and pick 11 as they come out, tho Id like to see Muirhead, Robson, Irving, Dunne and Russell start and Id guess only 2 of those are a shoe in to start, the rest are fingers crossed in how they do

How about this for a forensic pattern. We could either complete the pattern, or repeat it...

1 goal against

2 goals against

3 goals against

2 goals against

1 goal against.

So, to keep a pattern going we need 0 goal against or (sadly) 2 goals against.

As I would, but somehow, I don’t think our awfulness is about to end for a while yet. McKinnon still has to work through a number of our squad before he writes a few off.....hopefully Paton, Turner and TOE are three early casualties of that. None of the three of them are anywhere near good enough. Paton’s two year deal was the seal on Hartley having completely lost the plot. He deserved to be binned for that single act.

Archived