Scottish Cup 2018/2019

newcastle broon

1st round draw made today. Would imagine everyone wanting ww at the minute.Wi the unfortunate misfortunes at Selkirk means that one club will receive a bye. I'd settle for that :lol: Best of luck to all the LL sides in today's draw. Hopefully the league can make a few headlines in the Scottish  this season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone will be looking for Selkirk's free pass, the winner of the Girvan v Burntisland and Newton Stewart v Coldstream ties, or the lowliest sides from HL/LL (most obviously Fort William).

Auchinleck, Bonnyrigg and the winners of Beith v LTHV look to be the biggest 'banana skins' among the clubs outwith HL & LL.

Among HL sides - recalling Cove and Formartine join at R2 - current joint leaders Fraserburgh and Brora look best avoided.

Similarly you imagine few will want to run into CSS or Cumbernauld - again Spartans and EK join at R2.

16 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

How are you all feeling about your club’s respective draws?? Some decent ties in there.

Happy wi oor 1st home tie for a few seasons. Edin uni however will be very difficult match. We played them not so long ago in the Scottish and beat them at peffermill.Hopefully get decent crowd though not sure the students will bring many ? So from a financial point of view it's a MUST progress but I'm putting  nae pressure on the lads :thumsup2

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Happy wi oor 1st home tie for a few seasons. Edin uni however will be very difficult match. We played them not so long ago in the Scottish and beat them at peffermill.Hopefully get decent crowd though not sure the students will bring many ? So from a financial point of view it's a MUST progress but I'm putting  nae pressure on the lads :thumsup2

At least you avoided the dreaded annual trip to Wick :)

Hypothetical question for Welfare - if beat Edinburgh Uni but lost in Rd 2 I believe club would earn 6k as money  accumulates - ie 2k for Rd 1 and a further 4k for Rd 2. 

Realistically what would club do with the money. Put towards any outstanding debts, to improve the team, or put towards a floodlights kitty? 

Either way here’s hoping for a wee cup run! 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I hope so. I would expect us to be treated the same as all 1st round winners.

Bit unfair if you were to miss out on the money (as well as any gate money from the game) for something that was no fault of your own. Plus the money for R1 will have been allocated already and will be sitting there ready to be given out

11 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Bit unfair if you were to miss out on the money (as well as any gate money from the game) for something that was no fault of your own. Plus the money for R1 will have been allocated already and will be sitting there ready to be given out

Hope your right Alan. No matter what, it’s great to be in it. Always a bit special being in the Scottish Cup. 

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Hypothetical question for Welfare - if beat Edinburgh Uni but lost in Rd 2 I believe club would earn 6k as money  accumulates - ie 2k for Rd 1 and a further 4k for Rd 2. 

Realistically what would club do with the money. Put towards any outstanding debts, to improve the team, or put towards a floodlights kitty? 

The rumour is that if they get through, and obviously it’s a pretty big if, they are going to invest in a boxing ring for the middle of Fergie Park.

Talbot v Gogsy could be confirmed before Christmas.

If Whitehill lose to the Peffermill students maybe a mud wrestle in the centre circle for charity instead? 

The rumour is that if they get through, and obviously it’s a pretty big if, they are going to invest in a boxing ring for the middle of Fergie Park.
Talbot v Gogsy could be confirmed before Christmas.
If Whitehill lose to the Peffermill students maybe a mud wrestle in the centre circle for charity instead? 
Gogsy giving the Lowland League a bad name - no surprise there.

It's about time he had dignity and handed in his resignation.

2 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The Welfare are debt free ;)

Maybe the floodlights are a goer if they reach the quarter finals :whistle

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

IMG_20180902_081536.jpg

Dalbeattie v Kelty, Gretna v Vale and Whitehill v Edinburgh Uni means 3 LL clubs are guaranteed to exit but equally 3 are guaranteed to progress - alongside BSCG who benefit from Selkirk's demise to get a bye.

Forres v Civil Service is a really interesting tie... as both are exceeding expectations and flying high at the top of their respective divisions. CSS certainly the potential at least to get a replay.

Cumbernauld will be strong favourites at Burntisland. East Stirlingshire will be favourites to dispatch Huntly, and at home Gala will be favourites against toiling Lossiemouth.

Stirling v Keith looks a finely-balanced tie, and will almost certainly go ahead on the Sunday (due to Stirling Albion being at home the day before). Edusport won't be favourites against Buckie, but they're mid-table this season, and at 'home' in plastic the Frenchmen and their chums could spring a surprise to shock the visitors.

Overall a good draw for LL teams if they can play to their potential.

Archived