There is no such thing as an independent Scotland.

Jambo99

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I travel in and out of London most of the year. I've no doubt whatsoever the only driver in all that May is doing is the City of London. The Square Mile is shitting themselves that their world will drift away to Paris or Frankfurt. In Boris' last big speech before he left the Mayor's office he declared that TfL needed an additional £3.3bn per year to 2030 just to keep the infrastructure growing. The £15bn for Crossrail, to get chaps from  Leadenhall to Heathrow quicker at the weekend, was the opening price. The project is well overspent, due largely to strikes and inflated labour rates when the unions realised there was more work than skilled tradesman, and anything short of £20bn will be a miracle. The project is running very late and the penalties per week will be massive, we'll never see that published. Part of the delay at Spurs new place was due to lack of electricians because they are still down the tunnels earning a fortune.

HS2 has likewise been holding at £56bn for two years but that's another cover story. All that cost so far has been for professional fees and only recently some contracts for Euston Station. Nothing at all for the actual train set, which is widely reported as being significantly more challenging than HS1, nor anything at the Curzon Street station in Birmingham. And that's only phase 1.  HS1 cost £11bn  for 67 miles of track, average £80m per mile. By comparison, France TGV built a line from Paris-Strasbourg at the same tim for £22m per mile. Although maybe they didn't redevelop a staion like St Pancras, the Eurostar terminal, which concidentally at the same time was linked by new walkways to King's Cross which also had a major refurbishment.  Handy! 

And then there was the Olympics. A Great British event because a few football games were scattered around the island. Meanwhile, London's East end was regenerated with roads, the canal system was recovered under the guise of getting suppliers to deliver via barge rather than road. Stratford International was built cleverly incorporating London buses, DLR, Jubilee Tube line, Eurostar and main line services. All wrapped up in The People's Games.

£4bn for a new sewer down the Thames. £1bn for Tilbury Docks 2. On and on. All paid for by the UK tax payer. People in London like to tell you that 30% of the country's money comes from them. So I like to tell them that means 70% of their money comes from the rest of the country. 

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2018/04/18-fears-grow-over-true-cost.html

Sooner we are away from that thieving mess the better. English Regions need to wake up too.

Yer 100% right in all points. Glad you brought up the Olympics as another project which covered up all the restructuring that went with it, I wonder how much that cost?

As I said earlier the Scottish people need to wake up to whats going on, our NHS is on it's knees, cities and towns are falling apart with roads which are a disgrace, food banks in every town and city and yet we get Unionists defending it all, have they no shame or respect for their country of birth Scotland or do they think there is honour in running with dogs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yer 100% right in all points. Glad you brought up the Olympics as another project which covered up all the restructuring that went with it, I wonder how much that cost?

As I said earlier the Scottish people need to wake up to whats going on, our NHS is on it's knees, cities and towns are falling apart with roads which are a disgrace, food banks in every town and city and yet we get Unionists defending it all, have they no shame or respect for their country of birth Scotland or do they think there is honour in running with dogs.

It's not that unionists are defending it. They would just much rather blame it on the Scottish Government. If the NHS doesn't have enough funding, if schools don't have enough funding, if local councils don't have enough funding.... etc. It's because "the SNP is keeping aw the money to themselves".

You just can't defeat stupidity on that level.

Archived