• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo99

There is no such thing as an independent Scotland.

5 hours ago, jakedee said:

I'm sure we'll manage, after all we won't be the first.

That's  the problem, all the good ones have already been taken...

At least her Solitaire account used to post music videos when she was blootered in the early hours.

Doesn't she still owe money to one of the Hibs fans over a hilariously failed bet?

On 08/09/2018 at 00:18, Jambo99 said:

So would an indy Scotland use the UK Pound?

Would an Indy Scotland create its own currency? 

On Sun Sep 16 2018 at 00:13, Jambo99 said:

Don't be silly.  Can you imagine Scotland had its own bank notes?

What would they even look like?

On 15/09/2018 at 17:13, Jambo99 said:

You mean like the currency that Scotland created before that the UK uses?

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

You mean like the currency that Scotland created before that the UK uses?

Did they aye.

On 9/15/2018 at 12:13, Jambo99 said:

If it wanted to and it could tie it to sterling for as long as it liked

The Irish punt was tied to sterling until the seventies

14 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The notes will have all the famous landmarks of this great land. Sheep, coos and shortbread tins.

They would probably be covered in realky tacky images like Robert Burns, Robert the Bruce and the Glenfinnan Viaduct.

Cringe.

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

14 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye, they did.

My source

"Scottish money was abolished as a circulating currency at the Act of Union in 1707.However, the valued rent of land , and in many places, feu duties and ministers stipends , schoolmaster`s salaries,  and other parochial payments were still reckoned  by the pound Scots and the merk, or mark, for some considerable time after theUnion. But payment was made in English pounds sterling.

Both the English and the Scottish pound  was made up of twenty shillings, each of twelve pence. Thus there were 240 pence in a pound. But there were 12 Scots pounds to the English pound. The merk was 2/3rds of a Scottish pound or 13 shillings and fourpence."

If you have any evidence to the contrary please oblige. 

20 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The notes will have all the famous landmarks of this great land. Sheep, coos and shortbread tins.

Aye and oil rigs and production platforms where the real money is being frittered away by Westminster.

On 01/09/2018 at 01:29, Jambo99 said:

An independent Scotland is impossible. 

An independent Scotland is worse than a Scotland in the United Kingdom of of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

You're the guy that called Gandhi a racist, aren't you?

Know that when you hear moderates of all types talk about the zoomers, they're talking about you.

Know that when you hear moderates of all types talk about the zoomers, they're talking about you.

Wasn’t Ghandi virulently racist towards black people?

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Wasn’t Ghandi virulently racist towards black people?

Some people say so, though on the evidence I would say he was substantially less racist than Churchill (though people who complain that "you're not allowed to say nuffing in this country" would tell me I'm not allowed to say that).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34265882

The OPer said 'all nationalism is bad cos it's bad and all nationalists are bad cos nationalism is bad. Cos it is.' I felt that lacked, y'know, nuance. And logic.

I'm so completely sick to death of the zoomers on both sides of this debate. 

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Ive never said that. 

I can't agree with the boomer thing. 

(also I just noticed I typed "of of".)

To my mind Independence is inevitable once the Scottish people wake up to the amount of financial no lube screwing we get from Westminster, you only have to travel around the Tory dominated southern and home counties to see where the money is being spent.

The HS2 railway project is now up to an estimated £56 Billion cost and did you know that Scotland has to provide 10% of that money out of our budget even though the line will never reach Scotland!  The Chancellor sets Westminster spending priorities then it's worked out how much will be spent in england before allocating a percentage of the spend to all the home nations. So we will pay for something we will never see, feckin fantastic eh and there's something you Unionists support, fools all.

£34 Billion plus another £10 Billion set aside for overrun for a nuclear missile system where the UK are not allowed to service the guidance systems but see that they are sent back to the states for the service, another feckin waste of money and another no lube shafting!

£15 Billion for the London Crossrail rail project.

Billions spent needlessly acting as if they were still an Empire with two new aircraft carriers while our hospitals and NHS are falling apart.

Westminsters Scottish oil and gas tax revenue from 1978 to 2015 comes to £64.2 Billion.

Now look around your towns and cities  here in Scotland and tell me about all the grandiose big money projects that has been part funded by that oil revenue.

Wakey feckin Wakey or continue dropping yer troosers and smile as you get shafted and laughed at. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

35 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Westminsters oil tax revenue from 1978 to 2015 comes to £64,195 Billion.

f**k me! We could have paid off the world wide debt with that!