Rate your Transfer Window

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs brought in 8 players – 6 of them full internationalists, 3 of them on loan from Premier League teams.

We've obviously focussed on getting quality over quantity - no panic buying or filling the side with diddies, but the squad is now looking fairly thin and unbalanced. Lennon got some of his top targets, but the players we've lost in midfield haven't been replaced adequately, so overall we're weaker than last season. Any more injuries and we're Donald Ducked.

Players In
Florian Kamberi
(Switzerland Under 21 Internationalist)
Daryl Horgan (Republic of Ireland Internationalist)
Jamie MacLaren (Australian Internationalist)
Mark Milligan (Australian Internationalist)
Stevie Mallan (Scotland Under 21 Internationalist)
Emerson Hyndman (on loan from Bournemouth) (USA Internationalist)
Ádám Bogdán (on loan from Liverpool) (Hungarian Internationalist)
Thomas Agyepong (on loan from Manchester City) (Ghana Internationalist)

Players Out
John McGinn 
Simon Murray
Faycal Rherras
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Cammy Bell
Callum Crane
Dylan McGeouch
Scott Martin
Brandon Barker

6/10. Refreshing to see us bring in some real quality, but losing that whole midfield trio from last season and spending the McGinn money on a training pitch is peak Hibs.

Really, really can't complain. Especially after today's two late presents. Enobakhere gets good reviews from my Wolfs-supporting mate, and Byrne appears to be a proper player with a wee bit of an attitude (so SC can just apply same treatment as he must have done to Brophy). Other than a centre-half or two, absolutely satisfied.

ETA: Another centre-half or two, obviously. Keep forgetting Findlay's change of status..

Really really promising. Targeted areas of weakness in the team and signed some players with a pedigree which is unheard of at Accies. Norwegian striker and Kilgallon the real standouts. A proper dominant & experienced CB, and a striker who can lead the line. Very surreal but very happy [emoji2]

Meh for me. Signed players to strengthen the squad rather than add quality to the key areas that needed strengthened. 

However Danny Johnson does look a find. 

Uche/10

Plus mad boab in the goals, jimmy dunne looking decent in his debut, shagger Maclean and bringing back Demi Mitchell - my favourite of all the Mitchell family - I think we’ve done okay. Should be enough to see us win the league before the end of the March.

Danny Johnson looks decent and was happy to see Aldred brought back.  However we did lose Kipre albeit for a decent fee.

The rest of the business looks like a case of second string diddies exchanged for second string diddies.

Hard to say we have strengthened the first XI, especially since this time last year when we had Louis Moult. 

Perhaps the most disappointing aspect was farming out Hastie and MacLean to Championship clubs. 

9/10, mostly because we've managed to keep all our best players. The signings we've made all seem to be first team quality so add a lot of competition. Only thing we're missing is cover in defence and if we had that I'd rate it a 10.

5 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Awesome by the looks of things at the moment. Spent a fair wedge but unlike under Pedro looks like we haven't wasted money to the extent that we did previously on Pena et al.

A fair wedge you don’t have, you never learn. Bring it on administration 2.

Archived