Montrose v East Fife

As I said Liam, I have not jumped on the bandwagon until yesterday, I agree , we had a tough opening month, and as said previously, I don't think the scorelines reflected the performances. We deserved more from these games, however, in the world of honesty, I can equally critical when the outcome was positive, but in reality should have been a draw. Ok, we did have a couple of attempts in the second half, but, to invite a team on top of us for most of the period was crazy. We have proved time and time again that we can't defend that way. As the manager admitted, we rode our Luck. And In fairness , that may be payback for the hard work and bad luck in the previous 4 games. But, we can't rely on luck. Staying positive in every game is the way we will succeed, trying to hold on will on result in the inevitable. Sorry, but I left Links Park feeling deflated after thinking we had really turned the corner .

I know we were pushed back the second half but is that any different to what we did to Arbroath when 2-0 down at home, Montrose had nothing to lose and went for it, i was more disappointed with our lack of composure and ball retention in the sscond half than getting pushed further back, i reckon that was inevitable the longer the game went on.
Bringing Mcbride on for Watt i thought would have been a good move as Pat was getting no help wide left but he got even less help after the change, surely giving Linton a run out to get some minutes in his legs would have made more sense. Im not sticking up for Young as i dont think I'll ever be a fan but i was expecting a lot of pressure second half from Montrose and we certainly got it. Have to push on now snd build on this or we will be bsck to square one.

Archived