Next permanent Morton manager

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No, United definitely improved under McKinnon. We weren't good enough but we stopped being a shambolic mess as we had been under Mixu and, latterly, McNamara. We also had Hibs in the Championship that season and so he clearly didn't have the biggest budget in the division. 

Oh you with your facts. Don't you know this is the thread where Morton fans try to convince the world he was shite and they didn't want him anyway despite them having a great start to the league and a good squad. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Waspie said:

50% is generous. He was pretty average at Brechin too, made the play-offs in the first season but was given a lesson by your old friend Hartley. Then spent a season down near the bottom. Made the play-offs again, and again lost to Alloa. This when Brechin were well backed. Darren Dodds went on to outperform him by promoting a weaker Brechin side.  McKinnon certainly did well in his season at Starks, but I think if you take a step back and look at it it wasn't a particularly strong league that year and the sides below Raith were poor.  I don't think you can really read too much into his Morton team when he was only there for a few weeks. The results were good, but they looked pretty limited  against us. In short, I always thought McKinnon didn't really do much at Brechin to earn the Raith gig, then found himself promoted well beyond his capabilities at Dundee Utd. Bit bizarre to see clubs like Morton and Falkirk fighting over him. 

Not sure what calibre of manager you think we tend to hire but McKinnon's CV was easily the match for most guys we've recruited before and since. Since McLean left we've had Ivan Golac (latterly of Torquay United), Billy Kirkwood (Rangers reserves), Tommy McLean (latterly Raith Rovers, formerly Motherwell), Sturrock (St Johnstone), Alex Smith (Dignitas), Hegarty *shudder* (latterly a coach at United, formerly some diddy teams in Angus), etc. The rest of list continues in the same vein.

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure what calibre of manager you think we tend to hire but McKinnon's CV was easily the match for most guys we've recruited before and since. Since McLean left we've had Ivan Golac (latterly of Torquay United), Billy Kirkwood (Rangers reserves), Tommy McLean (latterly Raith Rovers, formerly Motherwell), Sturrock (St Johnstone), Alex Smith (Dignitas), Hegarty *shudder* (latterly a coach at United, formerly some diddy teams in Angus), etc. The rest of list continues in the same vein.

:lol:

Once served him a pint. An 80/- man.

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No, United definitely improved under McKinnon. We weren't good enough but we stopped being a shambolic mess as we had been under Mixu and, latterly, McNamara. We also had Hibs in the Championship that season and so he clearly didn't have the biggest budget in the division. 

But apart from (possibly) Brechin, definitely Raith Rovers, definitely Dundee United, and most likely Morton too, he's an absolute dud?

RandomGonk :lol:

50 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Oh you with your facts. Don't you know this is the thread where Morton fans try to convince the world he was shite and they didn't want him anyway despite them having a great start to the league and a good squad. 

Nobody said he was shite... we said he was a c*nt... and he is.

Goodbye.

54 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Fake news. Next.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyve not come out of this well at all, really. It seems pretty clear their new manger has been a sleekit b*****d, as he's done numerous times before, yet their on here desperately trying to cover for him by mocking anyone they can find. 

Assume they'll turn on him pretty quickly once it goes the same way as all his other jobs, and by January/February they'll be wishing it never happened. 

Bang on the money. 

It is refreshing to see McCall in  the paper stating he turned down Falkirk because he wanted to show loyalty to the Ayr board.  Shows the difference between McKinnon and him.

8 minutes ago, gmfc said:

It is refreshing to see McCall in  the paper stating he turned down Falkirk because he wanted to show loyalty to the Ayr board.  Shows the difference between McKinnon and him.

But then again, McKinnon never took a shit in someone else’s shoes.

Once again, the idea of expecting loyalty from people towards their employer (unless there are unique circumstances like Jobby has) is fucking mental.

I would leave my employer in the lurch at a moments notice if I thought for one second myself and my family would be better catered for elsewhere. Only a fucking moron wouldnt and only an even bigger moron would expect others not to.

Imagine demanding that of Ray McKinnon, a complete stranger to you, because you turn up on a Saturday to watch the football team he is employed to manage.

Psychotic behaviour.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Once again, the idea of expecting loyalty from people towards their employer (unless there are unique circumstances like Jobby has) is fucking mental.

I would leave my employer in the lurch at a moments notice if I thought for one second myself and my family would be better catered for elsewhere. Only a fucking moron wouldnt and only an even bigger moron would expect others not to.

Imagine demanding that of Ray McKinnon, a complete stranger to you, because you turn up on a Saturday to watch the football team he is employed to manage.

Psychotic behaviour.

Still, at least you’re not one bit bothered though. 

45 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Have no issues with McCall staying put. As has been said, he was given a chance again when no one would touch him.

McKinnon had no ties to Morton and didn’t need to show any loyalty.

When he took the job he was unemployed the board got him every player he asked for bar 1 who signed for Carlisle. So yes he did owe Morton loyalty.  

West coast wannabes? I that u were actually a st mirren fan with that stupid name. So your a west north south east wannabe cos your stuck in the central belt ya wee f***y. U need a compass to find out were your really from. D**k
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
So so fuckin easy.

Archived