Next permanent Morton manager

19 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Every managerial appointment is a gamble. In my opinion Anderson could do a job for us as 1st team coach. 

It's the same old faces in the managerial merry go round with limited serious options on that list. Probably why Falkirk went for the snake when other managers are un-employed.

McIntyre would do a job, but he seems to be biding his time for something else. Fek, I would even go for Goodwin, but he's probably heading to Paisley.

Unless Crawford comes up with a real surprise then its probably going to be someone from the managerial merry go round. I would rather we tried something other than that, as in Anderson. 

Don't really see how you could pick Anderson as a decent manager / 1st team coach. This surely isn't based on anything, other than 'lets see what happens'. He's had one game in which he basically picked the team and called the substitutes. Even if he'd won that, it's still a big step up from Director of Youth set up to professional football manager up against experienced campaigners every week. 

I don't know if Anderson has a desire to be a manager, but his career path and comments thus far suggest not. 

A good manager won't necessarily win us the league, but a bad manager could get us relegated by the end of January. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Piehutt said:

Don't really see how you could pick Anderson as a decent manager / 1st team coach. This surely isn't based on anything, other than 'lets see what happens'. He's had one game in which he basically picked the team and called the substitutes. Even if he'd won that, it's still a big step up from Director of Youth set up to professional football manager up against experienced campaigners every week. 

I don't know if Anderson has a desire to be a manager, but his career path and comments thus far suggest not. 

A good manager won't necessarily win us the league, but a bad manager could get us relegated by the end of January. 

Anderson has attained a EUFA Pro License which is an intensive 2 year course and had a long career at many clubs playing in these leagues .

If he wasn't a Director at the club I would hope this is the type of manager we would be looking at - albeit short on managerial experience, but experienced managers can get you relegated too

Anderson is probably happy at what he's doing just now and don't see him being interested in the 1st team coaching job. But I'd rather have him than many on the manager merry go round list if he was indeed interested. 

13 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

McIntyre has apparently been told the next time the Dunfermline job is available it'll be his. So by the end of this month, in all likely hood. 

Surely he can't sit and wait about for a job which might never be available. He has been out the game for a year now.

I was surprised he apparently knocked back the Falkirk Job.

Now that the Skunks are going for this Irish guy, I'm hoping we at least sound out McIntyre.

Favourite this morning with McBookie.
McKinnon wasnt even quoted on McBookie for us.

Pffffft.... What do they know.

Maybe if they look far enough down Morton will #bigteam someone elses manager out the blue.

How are Cowedenbeath doing anyway?

Probably why Falkirk went for the snake.

Fcking delicious. Will never get old this patter. Keep it coming.
Mark McGhee?

933ECC49-345B-4FF0-A576-54001ECA6FCC-3512-00000350A6E9573C.jpg.e02121ebb426937e0ea584170616341b.jpg

What the f**k would your club know about integrity?

Time to call it a day if McGhee gets the job. f**k sake. 

But he is a Morton legend.

Mark McGhee, ouch. I thought McKinnon would be easily replaceable, no?

https://gmfc.net/2018/09/06/jonatan-johansson-appointed-morton-manager/ confirmed

---

Greenock Morton Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Jonatan Johansson as our new first-team manager on a two-year contract.

The former Rangers, Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Hibernian, and St Johnstone striker takes charge with immediate effect.

A Finnish international who won over 100 caps for his country, Johansson began his coaching career at Cappielow as co-development squad manager with David Hopkin in 2012.

From here, the 43-year-old moved to Motherwell and took charge of their Under-20s before spells as an assistant manager with both the Finland national team and, most recently, Rangers.

Through our previous working relationship with Skelmorlie-based Johansson, we saw potential as a first-team manager and identified him as our primary target to fill the role.

Jonatan is a real student of the game and, as well as impressing with his knowledge and ideas during discussions, his aims and ambitions were in line with our own. This was vital.

The board of directors recognise that we have a fantastic changing room comprised of a talented group of players and we wanted to ensure that there was a synergy between them and the new manager.

We firmly believe that Jonatan’s structured mindset, hunger to succeed, and personable manner will be an ideal fit with our current squad and are thrilled to welcome him to the club.

Chairman Crawford Rae said: “We are absolutely delighted to announce Jonatan Johansson as the new manager of Greenock Morton Football Club.

“Jonatan has a fantastic CV, both playing and coaching, and has been eager for an opportunity to get into management. We are thrilled about our appointment and we look forward to sharing this new chapter together.

“JJ has a fantastic work ethic, a great football brain, and I cannot wait to see him in action as we rekindle Greenock Morton’s long-standing Nordic association of over 50 years.”

Archived