Elgin City v The Binos

The question Binos fans will be asking is can we get something from this game on Saturday or will it be 5 defeats in the trot for us so far this season ? 

I suspect it will be 5 defeats on the trot for us but you never know we might just surprise a few people on Saturday including myself if we come away with anything from Elgin. 

Team wise hopefully Kevin Moon will be fit to start and that Darren Barr and Darren Smith both of whom have game time last week will play their part in hopefully getting something from this game. 

Hope for the best on Saturday but expect the worst. 

Prediction Elgin 1 Binos 1   :thumsup2

7 hours ago, rhliston said:

The question Binos fans will be asking is can we get something from this game on Saturday or will it be 5 defeats in the trot for us so far this season ? 

I suspect it will be 5 defeats on the trot for us but you never know we might just surprise a few people on Saturday including myself if we come away with anything from Elgin. 

Team wise hopefully Kevin Moon will be fit to start and that Darren Barr and Darren Smith both of whom have game time last week will play their part in hopefully getting something from this game. 

Hope for the best on Saturday but expect the worst. 

Prediction Elgin 1 Binos 1   :thumsup2

Is David Marsh still @elgincityfc ?

May as well give us the title now.

On a serious note a very good result. Elgin away is never easy and to up there and absolutely pump them is class. Never made the game which is a shame because I love Elgin away but hopefully this result puts some much needed confidence into this team and we push on.

We weren't too bad until Stirling scored the first goal, and then it completely went to shit. Beattie hitting the post was the only thing close to a chance in the first half. I've never seen anything like it, we had 6 or 7 players in defensive positions yet we barely got close to the ball whenever Stirling went forward. We played with full backs, but Cooper looked extremely uncomfortable on the right and Lowdon had zero end product on the left - not that there was ever anyone in the middle for when we did manage to break. The first penalty was probably justified, the second was a shocking decision but Stirling probably should have had a third not long after the third goal; we could and probably should have been at least 4-0 down at half time.

We dropped the 5 at the back at half time and it was like watching a different team when the substitutions were made. We broke forward a few times and made some decent chances. We probably rode our luck at times defensively but at times we had only McHardy and Lowdon back and still managed to defend more comfortably than in the first half.

Stirling had a decent support up yesterday, well played. Not sure what Frazer Wright's problem with our centre halfs was but I've never seen an assistant give out so much abuse in a game to opposing players, it was quite cringeworthy considering he's an ex pro..

Well did not expect that result, expected Elgin to win but well done to team for getting the 3 points and our 1st win of the season at a difficult ground.

Our next 2 games are at home after the break and should be winnable.

Archived