Sleeping

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hear mental stories about folk who train themselves to survive on only four half-hour bouts of sleep at rigid intervals through the day, and they boast about how much they get done in the extra time they're awake.

I don't care if they're banging Croxall and Ralston while snorting the ashes of Glasgow Rangers during their extra hours of consciousness - sleeping is the greatest thing about life. I'd rather lose shagging, eating, and playing Doom than lose long nights of sleep. Unconsciousness is fucking glorious.

52 minutes ago, The new Kia Ceed said:

Don't really care about flats, mate.    Bought myself a detached property with outbuildings.     

I researched corporate finance, made some money and now I sleep in  detached dwellz in the best quadrant of Scotlands' best county.   

Fair play to you if you got a static caravan with a shed. Bit jealous tbh.

In Spain at the moment and I have very much enjoyed my afternoon snooze between 2-3. In fact I will miss it greatly once back home. 

Some of my favourite sleeps are after a hard days graft. Get home, kick my shoes off and lie on the couch. Arms behind my head and off I go the land of nod. 

As for bed itself, I will use three pillows. One for my head, one between my knees and finally one just to hold onto. Not sure when or why I started this, but it guarantees to knock me out in five to ten minutes.

Try and aim for 8 hours sleep a night.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Nope.

How many do you know?

I've never counted, but I have heard so many people who complain about being woken in the night by a call or text, someone else says "you should turn off your phone at night then" and the response is always "but I need it for the alarm". 

6 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I've never counted, but I have heard so many people who complain about being woken in the night by a call or text, someone else says "you should turn off your phone at night then" and the response is always "but I need it for the alarm". 

Must admit I didn't know that. 

I tend to switch mine off overnight for the reasons you mentioned. I still use an old fashioned travel type alarm clock to waken me up.

Fuuuuck!!!
I can’t remember the last time I managed more than 4&1/2 hours sleep at night. Been at least 15 years I guess.
These days back to about 4 on average.
Mind you, you could let the biggest fireworks display ever off outside my open window and, if I actually was asleep, I wouldn’t even notice

5 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

What I dont understand is why these people dont turn their phome to silent?

My phone stays on at night. It is on silent with no vibrate so it wont ever wake me up. Only a moron gets woken by a notification. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What I dont understand is why these people dont turn their phome to silent?

My phone stays on at night. It is on silent with no vibrate so it wont ever wake me up. Only a moron gets woken by a notification. 

Even if the phone is on silent the alarm still sounds for the reason you mention.  Some phone alarms will still work when powered off but definitely not all - mine doesn't.

Guest Moomintroll
Don't really care about flats, mate.    Bought myself a detached property with outbuildings.     

I researched corporate finance, made some money and now I sleep in  detached dwellz in the best quadrant of Scotlands' best county.   
But what are your thoughts on cyclists?

I’ve recently switched to decaf coffee at work and while it doesn’t taste too great but I’ve been sleeping much better. Used to get about 5/6 hours and it’d be broken. Now looking at a good 8, usually, restless hours.
My favourite sleep is when I’ve stayed in on a Sunday and watching football or golf on tv then find myself waking up on the couch an hour or so later to realise I must have fallen asleep.

Archived