Sleeping

Sleeping is absolutely fantastic when done right. I love it. So much so that I do every day. Sometimes even twice.

Most folk see it as a sort of sanctuary. It's warm and cosy and relaxing. Troubles are forgotten.

Anyway, lets talk sleep. Unless I'm really, really knackered, that sort of knackered where you fall asleep almost instantly, I can't get to sleep on my back. I'm a foetal position sleeper. Two pillows, no more. Window ajar (save for the coldest winter nights), no electronics in the bedroom save for a lamp and my phone charging on the nightstand, face down, volume low (only because it's my alarm). Feet to be tucked in to the duvet.

I like to read a bit of a book before going to sleep. Relaxes me a bit.

Nothing better than freshly washed sheets and bedding, a cool night, and rain coming down outside rhythmically. 

On weekends I often sleep 9 or even 10 hours. It's glorious.

Boring thread; perhaps intentional given the subject matter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sleeping is absolutely fantastic when done right. I love it. So much so that I do every day. Sometimes even twice.

Most folk see it as a sort of sanctuary. It's warm and cosy and relaxing. Troubles are forgotten.

Anyway, lets talk sleep. Unless I'm really, really knackered, that sort of knackered where you fall asleep almost instantly, I can't get to sleep on my back. I'm a foetal position sleeper. Two pillows, no more. Window ajar (save for the coldest winter nights), no electronics in the bedroom save for a lamp and my phone charging on the nightstand, face down, volume low (only because it's my alarm). Feet to be tucked in to the duvet.

I like to read a bit of a book before going to sleep. Relaxes me a bit.

Nothing better than freshly washed sheets and bedding, a cool night, and rain coming down outside rhythmically. 

On weekends I often sleep 9 or even 10 hours. It's glorious.

Boring thread; perhaps intentional given the subject matter.

Post too long.

Fell asleep after the first sentence 

Eta .. explain sleeping when it’s not done right ?

Love a kip tbh. Mostly on my side. One pillow, feet out and shoulders out usually although I love when its cold enough to absolutely bury yourself under the covers.

Another favourite is going to bed off nightshift when its a fucking miserable morning outside.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Love a kip tbh. Mostly on my side. One pillow, feet out and shoulders out usually although I love when its cold enough to absolutely bury yourself under the covers.

Another favourite is going to bed off nightshift when its a fucking miserable morning outside.

No better feeling driving home on a cold wet Monday morning watching people huddling at bus stops for their first day of a 5 day week knowing you were off for 2 days.

If I was ever to give up drinking and smoking I'd just hide under the duvet with nibbles and juice for a fortnight and sleep as much as possible. Should work easy and I'll make a fortune from the self help book and tour.

6 hours a night and a half hour nap on the couch in the afternoon.

If I’m at work, my nap will be anywhere I can get the head down, recently started a new job but I’ve got my favourite spots already.

12 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

No better feeling driving home on a cold wet Monday morning watching people huddling at bus stops for their first day of a 5 day week knowing you were off for 2 days.

Aye there is.

Martine Croxall rubbing her big paps in your face  I would imagine .

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Presumably Saturdays when Dunfermline are playing.

5 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Perth is flat. Research it.

Don't really care about flats, mate.    Bought myself a detached property with outbuildings.     

I researched corporate finance, made some money and now I sleep in  detached dwellz in the best quadrant of Scotlands' best county.   

Archived