Early impressions?

How has the new set-up struck you all so far, a month into the season?

Speaking for myself, I'm loving it.  Right from having a fixture list to the EOSL website itself, it's been most impressive.  

Sure there are a few cricket-scores but that was expected & tbh there are less than some thought.

So every club take a bow for making this such an exciting start to a season.

All favourable.  As you say some cricket scores but the conference set-up this season will largely take care of that.  Enjoyed the trip down to Kirkcudbright at the weekend and the move seems to have brought in a freshness and vigour to the clubs.  EoS organisation seems to be fantastic.

58 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Roll on next season 

I appreciate that for teams like your own, this season may be tough to take.  Easy for me to say, take the positives of some new destinations to visit.  I'm certainly looking forward to our trip to Eyemouth.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

I appreciate that for teams like your own, this season may be tough to take.  Easy for me to say, take the positives of some new destinations to visit.  I'm certainly looking forward to our trip to Eyemouth.

24th November?? I’ll just book the dentist, followed by an all over wax on that date now, it’ll be more fun :lol:. This season for the lesser teams was always going to be hard, but personally speaking, I’m overjoyed to have you all on board and seemingly enjoying it 

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

You will enjoy your day down there really nice people and make you feel welcome

33 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

You will enjoy your day down there really nice people and make you feel welcome

Is there a nicest, most friendliest club award, at the end of the season going ??? That would be nice to win

It's not what anyone would design for the longer term, but for a one-off season to sort everyone out it's great so far. A few things stand out for me;

I was really impressed by Inverkeithing - you can see what they're trying to do, and the facilities they're developing are impressive. So much work going in by a group of dedicated people. They shouldn't care about results this season, it's about getting the foundations right and progressing as a club - which they're doing. 

The U20 league is a kick up the backside for clubs that have been neglecting youth development - as most in the Juniors have.

I like the live scores section on the webpages - I used to come on here for live scores but the page is much better.

When the fixture list came out I stuck the dates of the most appealing games in the family calendar, so no more getting two weeks' notice of a big game and finding I'm already booked.

All-in-all, the only thing I'm missing is the Junior Cup; hopefully in time we'll all be back in the same grade.

7 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Is there a nicest, most friendliest club award, at the end of the season going ??? That would be nice to win

Going by yer posts on pnb alone IF you've got anything to do wi it then eyemouth have got nae feckin chance :P

Really enjoying it despite our indifferent start. 

Fixtures lists are a god send for planning (although 5 out of first 6 games away, and 6 of the next 7 at home could be doing with a little improvement!), midweek games under the devils candles are a refreshing change if somewhat testing with regards to getting there in time. However you can tell we’re operating in a much more professional environment.

The general enthusiasm around the league is great with a lot of people working hard towards improving facilities for Licencing, and I believe our season ticket sales have increased as has general interest in what the club are doing.

A bit disappointed we couldn’t make the starting line with our U20’s but I believe planning has already started for next season with that.

Overall it’s what I expected it would be and as I have said for years, once the remaining Junior clubs in the east join in (and the west in their own league) we’ll all wonder what the big fuss was about.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Really enjoying it despite our indifferent start. 

Fixtures lists are a god send for planning (although 5 out of first 6 games away, and 6 of the next 7 at home could be doing with a little improvement!), midweek games under the devils candles are a refreshing change if somewhat testing with regards to getting there in time. However you can tell we’re operating in a much more professional environment.

The general enthusiasm around the league is great with a lot of people working hard towards improving facilities for Licencing, and I believe our season ticket sales have increased as has general interest in what the club are doing.

A bit disappointed we couldn’t make the starting line with our U20’s but I believe planning has already started for next season with that.

Overall it’s what I expected it would be and as I have said for years, once the remaining Junior clubs in the east join in (and the west in their own league) we’ll all wonder what the big fuss was about.

Still seems a lot of resistance over the junior forum

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Still seems a lot of resistance over the junior forum

Mostly from the west.  I'm fairly confident more West Lothian clubs will make the move for next season, indeed I hear that one club are regretting not moving this season.

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Going by yer posts on pnb alone IF you've got anything to do wi it then eyemouth have got nae feckin chance :P

I take the weans with me now, they have a calming effect on me :lol:

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:
Going by yer posts on pnb alone IF you've got anything to do wi it then eyemouth have got nae feckin chance emoji14.png

Harsh, but fair.

:lol:

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

He can be nice at times though :wub:

When I want something ;)

Gordon I was also at the IHS v LR game, decided to venture down, yes the teams were leagues apart but looks like the Swifts are trying to create a age 5 to seniors team. Can’t see them getting anyone supporting them who isn’t already associated with the team, but with hundreds of young players it should help. I will be back on days Dunfermline aren’t playing, everyone knows this season was never going to set the bank on fire, next year will be more challenging.

22 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I'm not often described as nice.. Better make the most of it.. Love visiting the new grounds too.. Some fantastic set ups.. But the journey home could be better.. #miserable

Archived