Sectional League Cup Final

Kennie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a criteria for hosting finals?

Surely the powers that be consider various factors before granting these games?

Facilities
Parking
Accessibility
Catering
Licensed premises
Disabled access and facilities
Ability to host official delegates
Etc.........

Although I applaud the sentiment in seeking applications, surely there must be a short list of venues who possess the capability of hosting such an event?

One recent example, is when I attended a final at Meadow Park recently when Cumnock played Talbot. I’m sure everyone on here will agree that this is a brilliant traditional junior park. On this occasion the lack of parking and access to the park made for terrible queues and cars being left abandoned in residential areas which didn’t go down well with some local home owners.

I’m well aware that we are talking about junior football “stadiums” here, but there must be other factors to consider other than deciding to plump for the “go to” venues constantly.

Show some imagination. You may be surprised!

There is an absolute tonne of parking near meadow park.

Spoiler

Everyone and there granny morning about where the final is being held sounds to me as if people have a gripe against said club.Would have liked glencairn to have hosted the final as the amount of work that has gone on the park the last 5 years has seen it become a very good playing surface again but it’s where it is and should be embraced.

Lok has 1000 car parking spaces at Morrison’s and loads all around on Kilmarnock Road,Loks Bar is one of the smartest licensed premises at any Junior ground in the country,public transport links are second  to none,it is easily accessible by M8,74 and 77 and the playing surface after the summer groundwork is excellent.It will also attract neutrals to the final much more than almost all others.

Im not in any way saying that Lok should get all or any finals-just that the griping and  criticism is very unfair and inaccurate in many respects.

21 hours ago, archieb said:

I DO know that Pollok declined to host any end-of-season cup finals in (2017)x 2018 and also the Evening Times final in (2016)x 2017 because of the need for essential pitch works to commence.

21 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Do you mean declined to host in 2018?

Because I'm pretty sure I saw Pollok beat Cumnock on penalties at Newlandsfield in the WOS Final in 2017.

Yes, sorry. Apologies for mis- identifying the years concerned, correction as above.

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Lok has 1000 car parking spaces at Morrison’s and loads all around on Kilmarnock Road,Loks Bar is one of the smartest licensed premises at any Junior ground in the country,public transport links are second  to none,it is easily accessible by M8,74 and 77 and the playing surface after the summer groundwork is excellent.It will also attract neutrals to the final much more than almost all others.

Im not in any way saying that Lok should get all or any finals-just that the griping and  criticism is very unfair and inaccurate in many respects.

will take someone from Auchinleck well over 2 hours to get there on public transport on a Sunday.  Can't really see how that is acceptable. 

Just a wee question has pollok got an arrangement with Morrisons that football fans are allowed to use their car park

8 minutes ago, Shanner said:

will take someone from Auchinleck well over 2 hours to get there on public transport on a Sunday.  Can't really see how that is acceptable. 

As it would any 'Gow supporter and it would be the same or even longer at any of the other venues who applied (with the possible exception of Cambuslang)

44 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Why not and please stop the OTT drama. There will be lots of supporters buses laid on to take fans straight to the game and back home , just dont understand this stigma that hangs around the junior game of taking a nosebleed when you leave your area of postcode , its backwards and cringey for me , go and enjoy your cup final and day out and regardless of the venue people would be picking holes in it especially our east ayrshire friends :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Why not and please stop the OTT drama. There will be lots of supporters buses laid on to take fans straight to the game and back home , just dont understand this stigma that hangs around the junior game of taking a nosebleed when you leave your area of postcode , its backwards and cringey for me , go and enjoy your cup final and day out and regardless of the venue people would be picking holes in it especially our east ayrshire friends :rolleyes:

Jimmy Nutsack I think a lot of the posts on this thread come outwith East Ayrshire.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Its completely  needless to host a game in a large city with excellent transport links ( for the vast minority that dont go on supporters buses ) & at a ground thats top 5 in the west easily? 

Correct. You got there in the end.

With regard to the Morrison’s car park question you can park in there free for 3 hours..But there is plenty of parking on very long streets at Kilmarnock Road,Nether Auldhouse Road,Coustonholm Road,Auldhouse Road etc which have in the past coped with much bigger attendances at Newlandsfield than will be at this cup final.

2 hours ago, Smudger said:

Just a wee question has pollok got an arrangement with Morrisons that football fans are allowed to use their car park

Can park on private land, if unfenced, wherever you want in Scotland. Including someone's driveway.

Aside from the fact that Morrison's is hardly nearby... it's a good bit away round at Crossmyloof station; can't think why you would park all the way round there!

57 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

No it was a question  to your good self as you know,  hence the question mark . You said ' because its completely needless ? Why ?? :rolleyes:

Because it's Pollok probably, do you think you would get the same shit stirring if it was any other club.

The 'Gow boys I've spoken to really couldn't give a toss where  it's played, they're just happy to be in a final.

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

Because it's Pollok probably, do you think you would get the same shit stirring if it was any other club.

The 'Gow boys I've spoken to really couldn't give a toss where  it's played, they're just happy to be in a final.

Exactly and you would think its the other side of the planet theyre visiting , personally i love having any excuse to head up to glasgow for a day out , get up there nice and early and explore the city then a 15 minute train from central to the football ground then back into the city centre for a few drinks or food hopefuly on the strength of seeing your beloved club winning a trophy .

Whats not to like here ?:thumsup2

Can park on private land, if unfenced, wherever you want in Scotland. Including someone's driveway.

Aside from the fact that Morrison's is hardly nearby... it's a good bit away round at Crossmyloof station; can't think why you would park all the way round there!
Morrisons is over the fence from Newlandsfield .

Archived