Sectional League Cup Final

Kennie

A few weeks ago, I sent out the following email to all 63 clubs in the region.
To all clubs The West Region are looking to hold Cup Finals at suitable venues. Would your club like to host a Final? Does your venue fit the bill? Sell it to us. Tell us why you think we should come to you. Tell us about your facilities and why they would be suitable. Tell us about the benefits we would get by holding it there. Tell us about transport links and nearby facilities for fans etc. It's over to you. Reply to me via a separate message preferably with a PDF listing your application. Many Thanks Kennie Young Fixture Secretary WRSJFA   The response to this was very, very disappointing indeed. It was our intention to try and find suitable venues to take our finals to outwith the 'normal suspects'. We are also considering, for next season anyway, announcing at the start of the season where the final will be placed, and no matter who gets to that final, that's where it's to be. But back to the matter in question. As I said, the response to my email was very poor, 8 clubs replied. On this occasion we also had a request from Lesmahagow Juniors F.C. to consider and that played a part in our deliberations. It is, therefore, our view that Newlandsfield is the best option out of those 8 applicants.
So are you wishing to state who these 8 clubs are?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much do pollok recieve for hosting the final,why cant the money be found to take it to a senior ground,raise the profile of the new tourny.Should be held mid week under the lights somewhere,even Townhead at a push,again Talbot becoming a victim of their own success by falling behind in league matches played,due to cup commitments.We have got to start embracing floodlit football at junior level to alleviate fixture congestion that punishes succcesful teams,it may also encourage junior teams to look at installing floodlights if they knew the beaks  were serious at looking to play midweek fixtures under the lights over the entire season.And finally i wonder if Kennie could answer,if tosssing a coin to decide home advantage for either Talbot or the Gow was ever on the table,if not,the reasons why as i believe both teams would prefer that than the trekk to Newlandsfield.

Unfortunately, in these cases there's an element that;s more about the perception of the decision rather than whether it’s actually the correct one taking into account all the factors involved. With two sides involved geographically so far apart from each other, somebody was always going to be disappointed, but it perhaps was an opportunity to think outside the box rather than send it to one of the “usual suspect” venues.

By choosing a venue that isn’t convenient for fans of either team to get to – especially on a Sunday – rather than a more left-field choice, the perception rightly or wrongly is that the blazers have plumped for a venue that suits them where they know they’ll be well fed and watered.

Unfortunately, in these cases there's an element that;s more about the perception of the decision rather than whether it’s actually the correct one taking into account all the factors involved. With two sides involved geographically so far apart from each other, somebody was always going to be disappointed, but it perhaps was an opportunity to think outside the box rather than send it to one of the “usual suspect” venues.
By choosing a venue that isn’t convenient for fans of either team to get to – especially on a Sunday – rather than a more left-field choice, the perception rightly or wrongly is that the blazers have plumped for a venue that suits them where they know they’ll be well fed and watered.
Totally agree. They didnt need to ask around clubs until the final teams were decided. It's not champions league ffs.

The fact that they can easily change game fixtures at last minute shows the juniors is flexible.

Just think Pollok was too easy a option. If we are to play it in Glasgow then why doesn't the other Juniors teams get a chance?

Not every club has the knowledge or the Staff to make a bid for the final but surely the sjfa west could give assistance and bring a final to an area where it doesn't get much attention.

Missed opportunity yet again.

I find it weird that Pollok/ Pollock (oops) fans are normally all over everything on here, but, not this

To be fair , if my teams ground was getting chosen for everything from the Glasgow south side Sunday league final to the heats of Miss World (sexist comment alert) then I would probably be happy to

Hate to say it but my friend from Taliban country speakership much sense regarding games under lights etc

44 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I find it strange that Darvel showed no interest in hosting the final as it was roughly between both towns.

They did, when we were down there ten days ago they were very optimistic of getting to host the final. Obviously it didn't work out.

In my opinion choosing Newlandsfield was the correct decision,roughly same distance for both Clubs and motorway just about all the way. They know how to host a final, cope with a big crowd and I am sure the 'Gow' players, committee and support will be look forward to playing the top junior club at this iconic junior ground.

15 minutes ago, BeverleyHills said:

In my opinion choosing Newlandsfield was the correct decision,roughly same distance for both Clubs and motorway just about all the way. They know how to host a final, cope with a big crowd and I am sure the 'Gow' players, committee and support will be look forward to playing the top junior club at this iconic junior ground.

They should no how to host a final because their handed 75% of them. Smacks of a blazerfest.

Sit down and let the grown ups have a say Mr Johnston. Good boy

A can't actually believe that in the statement from Kennie he uses the words usual suspects then hands the final to the biggest suspect. I've got the answer to this problem why doesn't every club ground share with pollok next season. Thus cutting out this problem

No ******* wonder out of 63 clubs only 8 put forward their ground when it’s the same old same old. 
New regime same old shocking decisions. 
But, surely, if the 8 that did apply were the aforementioned 'usual suspects' then it would seem that the 'blazers' as you call them had little choice. Despite the fact that they opened it up to others with no success.
It seems to me that it's the clubs that missed the bus here.
Kennie asked the clubs and only got 8 replies.
What more is he meant to do?

Just now, Beenzon-Toste said:

But, surely, if the 8 that did apply were the aforementioned 'usual suspects' then it would seem that the 'blazers' as you call them had little choice. Despite the fact that they opened it up to others with no success.
It seems to me that it's the clubs that missed the bus here.
Kennie asked the clubs and only got 8 replies.
What more is he meant to do?

Take it somewhere other than Newlandsfield. 

Archived