Sectional League Cup Final

Kennie

Fixture changes for the Final.

13th October - Hurlford v Talbot  and Saltcoats v Lesmahagow - Both Postponed. Hurlford - Idle

13th October -  New Fixture - Ashfield v Saltcoats (moved from 20th Oct) Ashfield no longer the idle team on 13th Oct, but now idle on 20th Oct.

20th October - New Fixture - Vale of Clyde v Saltcoats.  Vale of Clyde no longer the idle team on 20th Oct

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Why has the original date of 7th October been changed?

At a guess maybe they’re worried either team could draw in the junior cup. Replay would be 6/10 leading to a postponement of the cup final had it been the 7th?

At a guess maybe they’re worried either team could draw in the junior cup. Replay would be 6/10 leading to a postponement of the cup final had it been the 7th?
I wondered that, but the Ardagh Final was always that weekend directly after a Scottish round. Maybe it's the combination of that and you guys being in the big Scottish on the 22nd. Still I'm on holiday that weekend so every cloud ...

6 hours ago, Smudger said:

Don't suppose Kenny would be kind enough to come on here and explain why the final is being held there

A few weeks ago, I sent out the following email to all 63 clubs in the region.

To all clubs
The West Region are looking to hold Cup Finals at suitable venues.
Would your club like to host a Final?
Does your venue fit the bill?
Sell it to us. Tell us why you think we should come to you.
Tell us about your facilities and why they would be suitable.
Tell us about the benefits we would get by holding it there.
Tell us about transport links and nearby facilities for fans etc.
It's over to you.
Reply to me via a separate message preferably with a PDF listing your application.
Many Thanks
Kennie Young
Fixture Secretary
WRSJFA

The response to this was very, very disappointing indeed. It was our intention to try and find suitable venues to take our finals to outwith the 'normal suspects'. We are also considering, for next season anyway, announcing at the start of the season where the final will be placed, and no matter who gets to that final, that's where it's to be.
But back to the matter in question. As I said, the response to my email was very poor, 8 clubs replied. On this occasion we also had a request from Lesmahagow Juniors F.C. to consider and that played a part in our deliberations. It is, therefore, our view that Newlandsfield is the best option out of those 8 applicants.

Interesting reply that Kennie, thanks. Out of interest, does a round robin communication like this asking for feedback usually get a good response? I’m wondering if it’s the best method of reaching people or if the recipients are just lazy €$*%#s

Archived