Sectional League Cup Final

Kennie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

K Park in East Kilbride would do. 

Too small - only two sides developed with a 650-odd total capacity. I was there last night, and the main stand felt fairly full with maybe 200 in. It's also stuck down a lane in a country park a couple of miles away from the town centre!

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Too small - only two sides developed with a 650-odd total capacity. I was there last night, and the main stand felt fairly full with maybe 200 in. It's also stuck down a lane in a country park a couple of miles away from the town centre!

What crowd would you expect for the final?

10 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

What crowd would you expect for the final?

The Gow are an unknown quantity because they've not been to a final for a good while- they could either bring not much more than their normal crowd or the whole village could get behind them as you sometimes see happening. Talbot are always well supported, and I'd be surprised if they brought much less than 4-500 minimum off their own backs. Neutrals - numbers perhaps depending on where it's held - and comps will bump it up another couple of hundred I'd imagine...

At a (very) rough guess, the crowd might be in the high hundreds  - maybe not all that far off four figures all in.

I heard that the SJFA were considering building a custom build junior ground to host finals. It would be equidistant from every junior ground in the country, have a social club charging 50p for a pint, bus and train connections every three minutes (even on Sundays) and free parking for five thousand cars. However the plan was dropped when they realised that pie and bovril posters still wouldn't be satisfied.

Archived