Sectional League Cup Final

Kennie

The date and venue for the Sectional League Cup Final will be discussed at the WRSJFA Management meeting on Tuesday 11th September.

Traditionally, the Ayrshire final was on or around the first Sunday in October with the Central final a fortnight later.

I had it down for Sunday 7th October in my original fixture proposal for the AGM, but certain factors have come about that might make that date unsuitable.

1) - The new dates of rounds 1 and 2 in the Macron Scottish Junior Cup. Saturday 6th October would be the date of any replays in Round 2.

2) - Talbot's involvement with the William Hill Scottish Cup will need to come into the consideration.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying not to be uppitty but lets hope we get a decent venue for the final because I feel this is a great achievement for Lesmahagow and they deserve a day to remember. No plastic carpets , Newlandsfield or West Management back handers. A good old Junior ground with the crowd breathing down the players necks. Definately not a Blazerfest.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Darvel would seem a fairly good suggestion for the venue, ground would be big enough to host the crowd and it's geographically in between the two towns.

its bang in the middle , park is fantastic , facilities are good , and as we are the only team to have beat the talbot in this competition thats as good a reason as any to host the final !

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Darvel would seem a fairly good suggestion for the venue, ground would be big enough to host the crowd and it's geographically in between the two towns.

No qualms about Darvel good wee ground and I would like to see it again before they go into League 2:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

its bang in the middle , park is fantastic , facilities are good , and as we are the only team to have beat the talbot in this competition thats as good a reason as any to host the final !

Perhaps nae the easiest to get to though. A guid venue however.

20 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Unless someone wants a seat.

Yes-but not many junior grounds offer that.Thought Newlandsfield would be equidistant and easy to get to as motorway both ways.And it’s a great atmosphere for any big game or final.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Yes-but not many junior grounds offer that.Thought Newlandsfield would be equidistant and easy to get to as motorway both ways.And it’s a great atmosphere for any big game or final.

Canny use the toilets if you have an open wound!

3 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

And Pollok need the money from park hire, pie stall, etc. Its their due, is it not?

1 minute ago, garrellburn said:

And Pollok need the money from park hire, pie stall, etc. Its their due, is it not?

Pollok  neither need the money nor is it their due however it might seem a pretty sensible option for the final.Where would you suggest?

Just now, Lokloyal said:

Pollok  neither need the money nor is it their due however it might seem a pretty sensible option for the final.Where would you suggest?

Since it dosn't involve my club I won't make a suggestion. But without denying the suitability of Newlansfield as a venue the finals really ought to be shared around a bit more. Some oif the others already suggested would be perfectly suitable bearing in mind it is unlikely to attract a crowd in the thousands.

Archived