The Jelly Beans v The Bloo Brasil

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Splendidly modern edition of the QP match programme. Amazing story about our last visit to Oswestry and a rambling story from some old guy yearning for the past. Man after my own heart!

And six pages devoted to our visitors. 

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/QP-v-Cowdenbeath-1st-Sept-2018-spread-Copy.pdf

Top marks to the media team btw. Much improved programme and it's great to see the match reports and telly up on a Sunday. Keep it going guys and dolls.

Cowdenbeath seem to be improved on recent seasons, so this will be a tough game. I’m happy about how we’ve gone for the most part, but I also have the worry that we’re not going to score enough goals. It’s pretty much always been a problem for us because proven goalscorers will always be able to pick up a few quid at other clubs. Having said that, it’s still very early days and one or more of the guys could hit a purple patch.

Suspect this will be tight, but we’ve started well and won the games we’d have hoped to have won. This would be another one we’d be looking to win if we’re going to mark ourselves as playoff hopefuls.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Cowdenbeath seem to be improved on recent seasons, so this will be a tough game. I’m happy about how we’ve gone for the most part, but I also have the worry that we’re not going to score enough goals. It’s pretty much always been a problem for us because proven goalscorers will always be able to pick up a few quid at other clubs. Having said that, it’s still very early days and one or more of the guys could hit a purple patch.

Suspect this will be tight, but we’ve started well and won the games we’d have hoped to have won. This would be another one we’d be looking to win if we’re going to mark ourselves as playoff hopefuls.

Spot on and I think we fans have put too much hope, and consequent disappointment, on the many strikers we've gone through. I'm hoping Gus' 4-2-3-1 formation will a) give the striker more support and b) invite the attacking midfielders to get closer to the goal. I'd settle for 6-8 goals from 3/4 players rather than 15-20 from just the striker. And I think we've a good chance of that working with Jambo back in the groove. He was magnificent again last week.

On 8/29/2018 at 18:57, clyde_r_us said:

How does smart look to you guys?

Has difficulty scoring from 2 yards out.

Has pace though but is more a winger although he tends to give the ball back to the opposition too often.

I'm not a fan as i believe that attacking players should be able to hit the back of the net once in a while.

God loves a trier though.

Just heard that a resident at the corner of Holmlea Road has spotted some pervy-looking weirdo with an old man beside him who's been trying to take photos of her so she's called the police.

How the genuine f*** did that finish goalless. More of that pish we play in the Second Half as well.

Billy Mortimer blows so hot and cold, but for me a man who can't finish or even just find the corner shouldnt be our striker.
That said, the referee was pish of the highest order. Complete ineptitude.

How QP failed to score I’m not really sure. A point is a good result for us.

The referee wasn’t great but I’m not really sure why all the hatred towards him. Hardly had any glaring issues.

Queens use the pitch really well but badly lack a cutting edge. We badly lack anyone that can run. 

Thought that was the best we’ve played, but we just can’t score. We missed what would be termed as five good chances, hit the outside of the post and had a very close call over the bar right on half-time. As I said before the game, the worry is where the goals are coming from but I can’t fault anyone’s application.

Honestly thought the tug on the jersey with about ten minutes to go looked as stonewall a penalty as you’re ever likely to see. Not terribly confident we’d have scored it, but it still looked absolutely blatant.

Playing no injury time capped a bizarre performance, which culminated in the strange spectacle down in the corner at the end. Quite rightly given pelters at the end.

Frustration will be mentioned in the post-match interview, I suspect.

Archived