The Jelly Beans v The Bloo Brasil

With us keeping our park for a wee while longer, we can concentrate on the push for points.

Last week was encouraging, albeit Rovers were pish.

Same starting eleven? I don't see why not. Smart and Billy Mortimer deserve another punt up front and the rest did enough to start again too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blowing a wee bit hot and cold. Started off as the main lone striker and looked decent, but last week was "relegated" to a wider slightly deeper role and was excellent in the first half but faded badly in the second and was subbed. Suspect you've already seen that film yourself from what other Clyde fans have indicated?

He's very popular with the majority of the support, and is certainly deserving of a starting role at present, but I suspect that if Gus gets a decent loan striker in then that player, Hawke and Mortimer would be his initial starting choices, and in that scenario I'm not convinced that "Smarticus" (Google it!) would be prepared to stick it out as I think he enjoys being the centre of attention. Nice guy and I quite like the maverick nature of his game, but if his performances become a bit more consistent then he'll  do fine, and of course a winner v Clyde wouldn't do his cause any harm.:)

3 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

How does smart look to you guys?

Looks good so far.  Certainly a wee bit of magic in his feet.  I'd like to see him get a run and see what he can do.  The guy's an entertainer.  I kinds like that sorta thing.

18 minutes ago, PELE said:

We have had a week off and we always seem to perform poorly in the next match when that happens. Worried about who will score for us. Fingers crossed. 

No one will score for you...Fortress Hampden!  We've even beaten off the SFA for another week or so.  The b*****ds.

36 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

What about Sheerin - he's been banging in the goals!

I thought he was out injured for another few weeks. If he is fit, then that changes things.

9 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

What about Sheerin - he's been banging in the goals!

If he is fit thats a huge bonus for us. Man is a goal machine and a battering ram. Old school striker who is a fans favourite.

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No one will score for you...Fortress Hampden!  We've even beaten off the SFA for another week or so.  The b*****ds.

What is the impact on you guys, if the SFA decide to leave? I mean you will lose a lot of income? Is there a thread on this already? 

17 minutes ago, AAFCSim said:

What is the impact on you guys, if the SFA decide to leave? I mean you will lose a lot of income? Is there a thread on this already? 

Probable extinction.  Queen's Park would have to pay back the Lottery money which was used for the redevelopment 20 years ago as Hampden would no longer be a national stadium.  I think there's bits and bobs about this on the QP thread on this forum.

Best place for a pre match physical fight? 
Hopefully the Queens Park trombone player turns up to this one. 
Ruel Street is a 7 minute stagger away. Bring yer maw.

No trombonist these days. He's actually making money playing the thing.

24 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Bring yer maw.

you obviously haven't seen his post on the main QP thread........he's bringing his da (whom I think is called ken if I understood correctly)

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I know 12 Ruel Street well. Killed a man there with my bare hands. See you then. 

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The trombonist was certainly better that those shitty drums folk take to games like Livi:lol: Boy with the guitar at Stirling isn't bad.

Archived