Dons vs Killie

With May and Cosgrove as strikers and McInnes desperate to play 4-2-3-1 all the time I can see it being a long season. Killie merited their win as we were totally minging. That's including the fact that Craig Thomson is a disgrace of a referee
Surely Anderson has to get a start. I can't see how having a kid who actually scores goals on the park is any more of a risk than having either of these two haddies who won't get into double figures between them for the season

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One positive to come out of this match, is all the Celtic, Hibs, Hearts and Rangers fans coming on here and revelling in our defeat and poor performance. Obviously we’re still seen as the second force in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

One positive to come out of this match, is all the Celtic, Hibs, Hearts and Rangers fans coming on here and revelling in our defeat and poor performance. Obviously we’re still seen as the second force in Scottish football.

Definitely mate. That's the positive to take. That folk are ripping the piss out you.

A positive season ahead.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that this is your one great win of the season. It’ll be back to poor results in two weeks time and onwards. St Mirren thought they were in for a great season after their opening day 2.1 win over Dundee.

giphy (6).gif

Guest Bob Mahelp

If there was any positive out of a pretty rank day yesterday, it was that Max Lowe looks like a decent player. 

He's a modern day English full-back....quick, good on the ball, and built like a brick shithouse. 

He'll be useful given all the 0-0 draws that we're going to have this season. 

36 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If there was any positive out of a pretty rank day yesterday, it was that Max Lowe looks like a decent player. 

He's a modern day English full-back....quick, good on the ball, and built like a brick shithouse. 

He'll be useful given all the 0-0 draws that we're going to have this season. 

Was that the left-back? If so, I completely agree. Looked decent yesterday.

What can you do?  Soft red changes game, and well done Killie for taking advantage.  Killie were a good outfit last season, and we sneaked all the points, so it seems churlish to bump our gums and moan about what coulda-woulda-shoulda, when if I'm being honest, we have no rights to think we would win in any case.

Killie fans have endured some proper kicks to the steens from us, I can't get too upset about it going their way for once.

I genuinely think Killie are a serious threat for second.

Aberdeen need to improve, if we think we're going to be in contention for Europe.  Still early days though.

Yours, ever in hope.

aDONis

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Definitely mate. That's the positive to take. That folk are ripping the piss out you.

A positive season ahead.

You're going to need better bait than that to catch someone old enough to remember Joe Harper in action.

Me? I can remember Ernie Winchester. And Jorgen Ravn. And Willie McIntosh. And Billy Hume. And Andy Kerr (the original one, ex Killie among other clubs). And Billy Graham (ex Gateshead). 

1 hour ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Surely Anderson has to get a start. I can't see how having a kid who actually scores goals on the park is any more of a risk than having either of these two haddies who won't get into double figures between them for the season

It is a bit concerning that we are four games into the season, only a matter of days after the transfer window closed, and Bruce Anderson, a 19-year-old with no senior starts for the club, is being viewed by many as our best bet to play up-front. 

44 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're going to need better bait than that to catch someone old enough to remember Joe Harper in action.

Me? I can remember Ernie Winchester. And Jorgen Ravn. And Willie McIntosh. And Billy Hume. And Andy Kerr (the original one, ex Killie among other clubs). And Billy Graham (ex Gateshead). 

You’re older than me! I remember big Ernie and the three Scandinavians being signed, Ravn, Jens Petersen and, was it Mortensen? I remember the names of the others you mention, but only from the weekly Pen Pics in the Green Final, didn’t see them play.

Just now, kingjoey said:

You’re older than me! I remember big Ernie and the three Scandinavians being signed, Ravn, Jens Petersen and, was it Mortensen? I remember the names of the others you mention, but only from the weekly Pen Pics in the Green Final, didn’t see them play.

Lief Mortensen. (Or maybe it was Leif.) He was a wee bit too lightweight, even for a winger, although that didn't do Jimmy Wilson any harm. At the time it looked like Petersen was a waste of money, but Eddie Turnbull got the best out of him. Apparently, Turnbull wanted to keep Jorgen Ravn on - I thought he was too similar in style to Ernie, but they could maybe have worked well together - but he went home with his mate when Mortensen was released.

You didn't miss much, although tbf to Andy Kerr he was done when he signed for us.

It is a bit concerning that we are four games into the season, only a matter of days after the transfer window closed, and Bruce Anderson, a 19-year-old with no senior starts for the club, is being viewed by many as our best bet to play up-front. 
True. But he is.

Archived