Dons vs Killie

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Lief Mortensen. (Or maybe it was Leif.) He was a wee bit too lightweight, even for a winger, although that didn't do Jimmy Wilson any harm. At the time it looked like Petersen was a waste of money, but Eddie Turnbull got the best out of him. Apparently, Turnbull wanted to keep Jorgen Ravn on - I thought he was too similar in style to Ernie, but they could maybe have worked well together - but he went home with his mate when Mortensen was released.

You didn't miss much, although tbf to Andy Kerr he was done when he signed for us.

The early sixties, before Eddie arrived, must have been one of the poorest periods in our history. And that was when I started to know what was happening around me when I started primary school, and have been with them ever since. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that this is your one great win of the season. It’ll be back to poor results in two weeks time and onwards. St Mirren thought they were in for a great season after their opening day 2.1 win over Dundee.

Mind when you played a full game against the **** with an extra man and still struggled to a draw? Maybe one of these days you'll beat the Old Firm instead of shiting yourselves. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

The early sixties, before Eddie arrived, must have been one of the poorest periods in our history. And that was when I started to know what was happening around me when I started primary school, and have been with them ever since. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Aye, you're better getting disillusioned while you're young - losing 1-2 at home to Ayr in the Scottish Cup (having scraped past Queens Park in a Hampden replay after 1-1 at Pittodrie) losing to East Fife after a 0-0 draw at Pittodrie (Scottish Cup again, the only time I ever saw the ball kicked out of Pittodrie), losing 2-1 to East Stirlingshire (relegated with 12 points), losing 4-1 to Third Lanark (relegated with 7 points), losing 8-0 to Celtic (who finished 8th that season).

After that, the only way was up! Granted Arbroath took 3 points off us in 1968/69, but that was a minor blip on our way to (eventual) European domination.

Imagine growing up in the Fergie era and thinking that was the norm...

1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

Mind when you played a full game against the **** with an extra man and still struggled to a draw? Maybe one of these days you'll beat the Old Firm instead of shiting yourselves. 

We beat Celtic literally the last time we played against them. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Did Killie not get thrashed by Rangers already this season ?

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Three wins last season M90, also we've recorded one cup final win in the post-Soviet era. You should try it...

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We beat Celtic literally the last time we played against them. 

I should clarify for the thick that I mean in a game that matters, like in any of the recent seasons in which you were supposedly title challengers 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We did aye. Recent record against them is good though. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

1.   Watches his team lose at home by two goals...

2.   Becomes so ragin' that fully 24 hours later he demands that a two goal home defeat is a "thrashing".

:lol:

I feel like it's Dundee we've beaten, such is the level of snottery HG on this thread.

You do realise that this is your one great win of the season. It’ll be back to poor results in two weeks time and onwards. St Mirren thought they were in for a great season after their opening day 2.1 win over Dundee.

Fucking hell I thought comparing yourself to Hibs was bad but comparing your team to Dundee? We’ve broken the Dons.

PS - Just saw the highlights, red card is a shocking decision.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That was a horrendous 90 minutes and this thread is painful so I’ll not be contributing anything.

Well in Killie.

Hate it when posters get the fine balance of being pissed off about a game, yet a million miles from a heads gone.  Boooo.  We want tears- we've waited too long! 

28 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Hate it when posters get the fine balance of being pissed off about a game, yet a million miles from a heads gone.  Boooo.  We want tears- we've waited too long! 

Agreed, far too level headed.

Take a leaf out of Bob Mahelp's book and come back tomorrow, this won't do at all.

Archived