PETERHEAD v EDINBURGH CITY

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Well Jimmy Mac seems to have stumbled onto a formula that is bearing fruit in league 2 whilst the Capital Combo are starting to look the real deal. Can Edinburgh Rock The Blue Toon or will Peter(head) the table Saturday night ?

7 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Well Jimmy Mac seems to have stumbled onto a formula that is bearing fruit in league 2 whilst the Capital Combo are starting to look the real deal. Can Edinburgh Rock The Blue Toon or will Peter(head) the table Saturday night ?

I think that Peterhead will drop points in this game, and we may, just may see Annan on top of the table. Am I dreaming, we will see. 

Guest Landan Spiv

I'd take a point. A 0-0 draw as well but seeing as weve both got quality frontlines there will be goals.

1-1 draw my prediction although of course I want City to go up there and bring back the 3 points. 

Would have been buzzing off 2 points from games away at Clyde and Peterhead so after strolling our way to 3 points at Broadwood last weekend I’m already 50% above buzzing. What I’m trying to say is this is a bit of a free swing and as long as we put in a solid and controlled performance (just like we have so far this season) against the team you’d imagine will end up as champions that’ll do me.

Would love a win right enough.

Guest TOPFITTER

Well doing another 500 round trip for this one, (with family) hope the boys (6+3) get to see another Peterhead win [emoji106][emoji3][emoji460]️
Mon The Blue Toon.

I will be making the trip up tomorrow - a new ground for me. Managed to get two cheap train tickets to Aberdeen and back, but it meant having to go at set times, so leave at 9.30am and get back to Edinburgh just after 11pm. I imagine by the end of that I'll regret not visiting in the 5 years that I lived in Aberdeen, as it would have saved quite a few hours on the train and hanging about... Although of course that was before I moved to Edinburgh and got a new local team, so tomorrow it won't just be a neutral groundhopping visit, and it's so much better going to a game supporting one of the sides.

I don't suppose anyone knows which is the best bus to get from Union Square to Peterhead, and how easy it is to get from any stop to the ground?

It's been a great start to the season, and early signs are that it's promising to be a better season than the last couple. Tomorrow is a big test of just how high that could be.

Ash, I don't know who else is going tomorrow, especially given the clash with the fundraiser, but let me know if you want me to send any pictures, updates or pick a man of the match etc and I'm happy to do anything that would help.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

I will be making the trip up tomorrow - a new ground for me. Managed to get two cheap train tickets to Aberdeen and back, but it meant having to go at set times, so leave at 9.30am and get back to Edinburgh just after 11pm. I imagine by the end of that I'll regret not visiting in the 5 years that I lived in Aberdeen, as it would have saved quite a few hours on the train and hanging about... Although of course that was before I moved to Edinburgh and got a new local team, so tomorrow it won't just be a neutral groundhopping visit, and it's so much better going to a game supporting one of the sides.

I don't suppose anyone knows which is the best bus to get from Union Square to Peterhead, and how easy it is to get from any stop to the ground?

It's been a great start to the season, and early signs are that it's promising to be a better season than the last couple. Tomorrow is a big test of just how high that could be.

Ash, I don't know who else is going tomorrow, especially given the clash with the fundraiser, but let me know if you want me to send any pictures, updates or pick a man of the match etc and I'm happy to do anything that would help.

I'm sure there used to be an express bus to Peterheid.

But I last lived in Aberdeen in 1995! :lol:

37 minutes ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

I will be making the trip up tomorrow 

Mate, the 68 bus from Guild street near Aberdeen station to Mintlaw and get a 66 there to near the ground. 

I'm sure one of our Peterhead friends will come in with better directions for you.  Hope that helps!

Don't really use the service myself but should be plenty to choose from. Think the best place to get one going to is Peterhead Interchange which is no more than a 10 min walk to the ground. The new dual carriageway between Bridge of Don & Ellon is now fully open & save a bit of time. There may a bus that goes to Ellon park & ride then on to Peterhead that would be the most direct route. Have you plenty spare time train times & the game, going home?

Follow the signs at the train station to the bus station,its all under 1 roof basically,get a return ticket and as napper says just get off at the interchange.Its in town if you want to grab lunch/couple of pints etc or you can wander up to the social club at the ground but they dont do lunches on matchdays
Theres a bus every half n hour but im not sure about return times
Sadly id easy offer you a lift back n foward as im based in fife but my missus is just out of hospital so im on nursing duties just now so wont be goung up 2mr

34 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Mate, the 68 bus from Guild street near Aberdeen station to Mintlaw and get a 66 there to near the ground. 

I'm sure one of our Peterhead friends will come in with better directions for you.  Hope that helps!

Yep, certainly don't do this.  Catch the 60, 61 or x60 from Aberdeen from the main terminal connected to the train station.

Timetable: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/North Scotland/Bluebird/BUCHAN GUIDE 07MAY 2018 WEB.pdf

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Yep, certainly don't do this.  Catch the 60, 61 or x60 from Aberdeen from the main terminal connected to the train station.

Timetable: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/North Scotland/Bluebird/BUCHAN GUIDE 07MAY 2018 WEB.pdf

I was just trying to help the guy. Found my route on traveline. If that's wrong then it's their fault!

So does the 60 or 61 bus take you straight to the ground?  Only one bus change?

About the game, and I say we have the two best teams in the league this season and so I'd be happy with a draw here. A win though would be awesome!

Good luck!

49 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I was just trying to help the guy. Found my route on traveline. If that's wrong then it's their fault!

So does the 60 or 61 bus take you straight to the ground?  Only one bus change?

About the game, and I say we have the two best teams in the league this season and so I'd be happy with a draw here. A win though would be awesome!

Good luck!

Should be no need to change buses, some branch off on different routes on the way but return to the main road before Peterhead. With your teams colours just have to hope your not mistaken for a Fraserburgh  supporter if that happens folk may point & laugh but mean no harm :1eye

The only bus that actually goes past the ground is the Peterhead - Fraserburgh bus but there is no need as it isn't a long walk from the main interchange. Good luck with your journey and I hope you enjoy your visit (although not too much as would like to stay top :P)

Thanks a lot to everyone for the advice. I have plenty of time spare in Aberdeen before and after, so I think a few drinks then bus to Peterhead Interchange and walk sounds like the best bet.

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

Don't really use the service myself but should be plenty to choose from. Think the best place to get one going to is Peterhead Interchange which is no more than a 10 min walk to the ground. The new dual carriageway between Bridge of Don & Ellon is now fully open & save a bit of time. There may a bus that goes to Ellon park & ride then on to Peterhead that would be the most direct route. Have you plenty spare time train times & the game, going home?

4 hours ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

Thanks a lot to everyone for the advice. I have plenty of time spare in Aberdeen before and after, so I think a few drinks then bus to Peterhead Interchange and walk sounds like the best bet.

Hope the trip goes well apart from the result of course, always happy to see folk make a bit of effort to follow their team. Not the easiest place to get to but hopefully visiting supporters realise we make the reverse trips every other week to other parts of the country.

I know how you feel. I grew up in Torquay and everywhere was a five hour away trip, either to London or up North. Other fans got a potential weekender in a beautiful seaside resort once a year, and we had 7.30am coach departures every other week. I think it becomes normal though, and you get used to enjoying the trip as much as the game - that's why clubs at the extremes like Plymouth, Torquay, Aberdeen etc have good away followings compared to their home crowds (well, that and having more exiled fans who moved to more central locations and go to more away games).

Guest Landan Spiv
12 hours ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

Youve got the man of the match job sir. Let us know who ya pick and ill get it on social media. Pics and updates would also be great. Safe journey mate hopefully we can get the 3 points. 

Archived