Next Permanent Falkirk Manager

Who will be Falkirk's next manager?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

When you have a midfield of Paton and TOE, that game plan looks v appealing.

17 minutes ago, tirso said:

ken whit..  we've sat through a near decade of tippy tappy stuff at Falkirk ..maybe it's time for a change just for a laugh!  :lol:

When it works it does work well. The two central midfield players are there to press and to play long balls or pass the ball out wide - if you don't pass the ball through the middle of the park, then you won't give the ball away in dangerous central positions. You're not likely to concede a clear goalscoring opportunity from a thrown-in in the opposition's own third of the park. 

The downside is that we didn't create many goalscoring opportunities. In the 16-17 season we finished fourth, but we were eighth in the goalscoring table. We relied heavily on Forbes for his set-piece deliveries and spectacular finishes. At it's best we played really good stuff up and down the wings, at it's worst we stopped scoring goals and put too much pressure on our own defence. 

1 minute ago, lewfal said:

Did Duffy not rely on the Forbes - O'Ware combo the season before last?  

Regarding that, whats happened to Forbes?

Signed for Dumbarton.

33 minutes ago, lewfal said:

Did Duffy not rely on the Forbes - O'Ware combo the season before last?  

Regarding that, whats happened to Forbes?

I'm here mate :ph34r:

I'd love Sir James of Duffy to be our next manager, so if you'd politely leave him alone then that'd be marvellous. 

i was gutted when mccall left last time.  Can't take it away from him though, he's a good manager.

Thought maybe his time had gone given he's all about the contacts and its a newer crowd but fair play to him.

don't think jobby would take it.  The set up at Ayr is almost a bit like the old brockville, seems suited to that type of club.     

Jim McIntyre would be a good choice imo. Knows how to win the league and when he did, we played some of the best football I've ever seen at Dunfermline. Even the season before when we finished 3rd, we played some brilliant stuff but lacked the experience in Martin Hardie, Rutkiewicz et al to push us on. 

The biggest compliment I can give McIntyre is the fact he won that league with Chris Smith in goals. That should deserve a knighthood, 

Thats exactly what he told us twice about 15 year ago.  Wouldnt trust him with a barge pole.

He was ambitious back then so he was always going to leave Falkirk. By all means he rejected Dundee Utd at the first time of asking.

He’s happy enough to stay at Ayr when we were the only club to even consider him for a job. He feels as though he owes us.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was ambitious back then so he was always going to leave Falkirk. By all means he rejected Dundee Utd at the first time of asking.

He’s happy enough to stay at Ayr when we were the only club to even consider him for a job. He feels as though he owes us.

That's right, because as he once said himself (a week before leaving us) "loyalty is his mantra"

Archived