Raith Rovers v Forfar Athletics

First time we've had Vaughan available, and first time (I think) we've played Matthews through the middle. 
On a side note, watering the pitch seemed to ruin McCallum's afternoon. He seemed to slip slightly for the first goal, and completely for the third. 
That's something I noticed was troubling our 'keepers during the warm up. They were struggling to hold onto the ball and Wright slipped when kicking it from hand. Can see the logic in watering the pitch prematch and at ht but it is going to provide moments like that in a few games I reckon.

The pitch was watered twice before the game and once? At ht. Surely that's a bit excessive?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, grumswall said:

That's something I noticed was troubling our 'keepers during the warm up. They were struggling to hold onto the ball and Wright slipped when kicking it from hand. Can see the logic in watering the pitch prematch and at ht but it is going to provide moments like that in a few games I reckon.

The pitch was watered twice before the game and once? At ht. Surely that's a bit excessive?

Not if we are pumping teams 4-0 they can water it as much as they like.......

Only a matter of time till it affects us in game though. Forfar had one shot that tested Wright and he parried it out in front of himself as he couldn't hold it but he was able to collect it thankfully.

40 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

Only a matter of time till it affects us in game though. Forfar had one shot that tested Wright and he parried it out in front of himself as he couldn't hold it but he was able to collect it thankfully.

Ah Wright........hes our goalie.....this week.....i can never remember their names........

Archived