Raith Rovers v Forfar Athletics

Hopefully we start where we left off last week. I’m actually fairly confident of a decent result here although Forfar look to be no mugs and Baird is a stick on to score!

I wonder whether we will see the Matthews and Bene?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd v 3rd. The excitement in Kirkcaldy is palpable. Return of the Baird and Buchanan coming off a hat-trick at Airdrie. Goals galore are guaranteed.

As for the much maligned 4-4-2, it’s as British as mince and tatties. I haven’t had mince and tatties for a few years now, but still, it’s a classic. We are playing retro football and if it keeps getting us 3 goals in the last few minutes of games then I very much approve of it.

I have already been on Bet365 and snapped up the massive 1/2 odds on Rovers. Free money.

I cant wait for Saturday! Hurrah!

2nd v 3rd. The excitement in Kirkcaldy is palpable. Return of the Baird and Buchanan coming off a hat-trick at Airdrie. Goals galore are guaranteed.

As for the much maligned 4-4-2, it’s as British as mince and tatties. I haven’t had mince and tatties for a few years now, but still, it’s a classic. We are playing retro football and if it keeps getting us 3 goals in the last few minutes of games then I very much approve of it.

I have already been on Bet365 and snapped up the massive 1/2 odds on Rovers. Free money.

It was Nisbet who got the 4th goal not Buchanan. 3 braces for him in the last 3 games which is a quality return.

3 points is a must this weekend. I'd be surprised if Forfar didn't score but although we have a young team, I'm pretty sure they have a younger one so I'm hoping that the combination of full time and experience is enough to get us over the line.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Even Barry Smith couldn't get us to play 4-4-2 for the last twenty minutes on Saturday. 

He'd have had to play without a goalkeeper and push Kieran Wright outfield to manage that. 

It was Nisbet who got the 4th goal not Buchanan. 3 braces for him in the last 3 games which is a quality return.

3 points is a must this weekend. I'd be surprised if Forfar didn't score but although we have a young team, I'm pretty sure they have a younger one so I'm hoping that the combination of full time and experience is enough to get us over the line.

According to the imperious all powerful SPFL, Buchanan got a hat-trick. I’m assuming that is the official version of what happened. Even if it’s wrong.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-one/results

Even Barry Smith couldn't get us to play 4-4-2 for the last twenty minutes on Saturday. 
He'd have had to play without a goalkeeper and push Kieran Wright outfield to manage that. 

The 4-4-2 was there in spirit. Maybe we should start with ten men on Saturday as that system clearly works for us. I’ve never seen us so potent.

The shite thing about the League 1 section of Pie and Bovril is there are very few opposition fans. Championship threads generally have a bit of banter about them. Even it it’s just some Dunfermline walloper posting turd photos, there is interaction. Come on Forfar fans, raise your game!

Are you serious about not having mince and tatties for a few years?????

That's an absolute travesty if true.
#prayforscarybear

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

#prayforscarybear

With Peas......mmmmmmm Garden peas.......scottish surely..

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

According to the imperious all powerful SPFL, Buchanan got a hat-trick. I’m assuming that is the official version of what happened. Even if it’s wrong.

I see that page manages to list only one Dumbarton goalscorer even though they scored two goals. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Of all the games, I can’t believe you’ve not got round to watching the highlights of this yet. You’ll clearly see Buchs was nowhere near the ball for the 4th. 

The shite thing about the League 1 section of Pie and Bovril is there are very few opposition fans. Championship threads generally have a bit of banter about them. Even it it’s just some Dunfermline walloper posting turd photos, there is interaction. Come on Forfar fans, raise your game!

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see that page manages to list only one Dumbarton goalscorer even though they scored two goals. 

Our second was scored by a trialist (Brad Spencer) so maybe they couldn't be arsed finding out who and ignored it.

#prayforscarybear

My kids don’t even remember what mince and tatties are. I’m a monster!

Archived