Annan v Clyde

Well, Clyde looked shaper, hungrier and where getting to every 50/50 first. They just seemed to want it more, and were the better team on the day. It was very frustrating, but Annan just looked off the pace, with every sight of goal being sniffed out, just to slow on the uptake. 

I thought Clyde bossed the game from start to finish. Oh well, we only had the chance to go top, and froze. 

No home game until the last Saturday in September now. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we've ever had a song with so many inaccuracies before.
I'd agree with the Annan fan's assessment on the top four. They're not a silky team but they're physical and have a manager who has developed his team gradually. Big weakness at left back though.
I had the pleasure of watching the match alongside Peter Watson's dad and he couldn't believe how competent McNiff looked compared to his time at Galabank under Chapman. Those kind of performances are now becoming normal. He got my third placed Man of the Match vote behind Goodwillie and McStay, who I thought opened the pitch up for us time and time again. 
Currie did all the stuff that goes unnoticed (distribution, quick off his line) and made one good save on an awkwardly bouncing shot late on. Rumsby did indeed compete well against the aerial threat but he still loses possession too many times for my liking. Cuddihy class as usual and dealt well with obviously being targeted on the diagonal in the air. I didn't think Grant had a great game, stood off too much but kept possession as you'd expect.
Last season we were okay physically (Nicoll, centre halves, Duffie, McStay all good in the air) and were by far the sharpest, most energetic side in the final third. Yesterday we went back to that more open style and Annan couldn't deal with it. Nicoll and Rankin did some superb dirty work in a midfield battle (one abysmal tackle aside) and let the others play. Lamont is a better player than Boyle with a quicker turn of pace and was our out ball all game, fed by quick passes from McStay and Love who both defended well. Goodwillie was a class apart.
Two very winnable home games after the break. Huge three points yesterday and we're still the team to beat I reckon.
These songs are ridiculous almost always factually incorrect I mean DGW doesn't score all the time , you can certainly get into heaven without a shawfield bunnet and a tie, all the shawfiield boys don't drink Newcastle brown thanks for highlighting this maybe the SLO could sort this out
In the mean time stick to sitting with the away fans [emoji106]

6 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

These songs are ridiculous almost always factually incorrect I mean DGW doesn't score all the time , you can certainly get into heaven without a shawfield bunnet and a tie, all the shawfiield boys don't drink Newcastle brown thanks for highlighting this maybe the SLO could sort this out
In the mean time stick to sitting with the away fans emoji106.png

I'll bet there's more than one Danny Lennon as well. Not good enough.

6 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Didn't think Annan's highlights gave much credence to Clyde yesterday (minus the two goals).

Two well taken goals as well

To be fair, it's just a young lad doing all the filming for Annan and he does all the edits himself. I noticed they were very one sided for the Queens Park game too, but good on him for giving it a go and getting some sort of highlights up fairly quickly.

7 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Didn't think Annan's highlights gave much credence to Clyde yesterday (minus the two goals).

Two well taken goals as well

12 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

To be fair, it's just a young lad doing all the filming for Annan and he does all the edits himself. I noticed they were very one sided for the Queens Park game too, but good on him for giving it a go and getting some sort of highlights up fairly quickly.

As mentioned, it is a young lad just editing and popping it up online. There are always going to be some major incidence that are missed, like Clyde's goal line clearence in the last minute. 

7 minutes ago, AAFCSim said:

As mentioned, it is a young lad just editing and popping it up online. There are always going to be some major incidence that are missed, like Clyde's goal line clearence in the last minute. 

Fair play to the guy. Not a bad package at all and it will only get better with experience.

I thought Mcstay was brilliant yesterday. He contributes so much to the team, I guarantee if you took him out you’d realise his importance. He was much more effective than Lamont -who in my opinion has been overpraised this season, IMO. A few of us had this discussion in the social club after the match, it’s funny how opinions can differ. 

1 hour ago, AAFCSim said:

Whoops, the last one is one of my cheesecake! Cumbrian Cheesecake. Ha ha 

C8E856A6-E929-40D5-8D6A-247A0AB9B6F5.jpeg

85B5366F-4361-4106-98C9-DACFD23F5910.jpeg

Nice pics. Not been to Annan as I haven't tended to go to away games much since I was in my 20s which is a wee while ago !  Looks like a nice wee ground. Need to make a point of going next time. One of the few Scottish grounds I've not visited in my time. 

Cheesecake looks smashin btw ! 

2 hours ago, AAFCSim said:

Whoops, the last one is one of my cheesecake! Cumbrian Cheesecake. Ha ha 

C8E856A6-E929-40D5-8D6A-247A0AB9B6F5.jpeg

85B5366F-4361-4106-98C9-DACFD23F5910.jpeg

Luckily you never brought it into the ground god knows who it would have been thrown at 8)

On yesterday's game thought we played well in the second and deserved the win, Annan did cause problems in the first half but we dealt with them they certainly will be near the top end and few teams will be surprised 

Completely disagree with the post about Rumsby not winning headers against the Annan striker. He would at least 80% of them and had a solid game. He impressed me after I was initially unsure about him given he came from Cowdenbeath.

I thought Annan rarely troubled us the full 90 mins other than the goal and the late chance cleared away near the end.

Lamont gave the ball away too much in the middle in the first half especially. Did better in the 2nd half but needs to release the ball quicker.

Rankin didnt do anything special but didn't do anything wrong either.

Cuddihy deserves his man of the match award, night and day since Chapman brought him here. Same with McNiff and Currie.

Goodie did his usual and took his chance when it came. Maybe unlucky not to get a penalty in the 1st half as well.

Love took his goal well and probably shoudlve buried the one in the first half as well.

Overall a solid win over an improving hammer throwing side and good to get back to winning ways after the last 2 games.

Mon the Bully Wee! [emoji1267]

Archived