Alloa v Dundee United 1 September 2018

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday was terrible. More ramblings here but to sum it up briefly I think that we lost the match because of the shape and because we had Rabitsch and Barton in the middle. Why we ended up playing with only one upfront and we insisted on trying to break down the flanks was beyond me given the narrow pitch. I thought Barton put in a genuinely disgraceful performance and it was telling that he snapped late on and had a go at some of the United fans who were giving him a hard time after yet another failure from him to track a run or break into a speed that was anything above a 'brisk walk'. 

A tinge of disappointment that we didnt take all 3 points yesterday, but a terrific performance by the team and great character to come back after going behind. 

Trouten over Spence in the starting lineup was a slight surprise, but could see the managers thinking- Trouten more apt at linking the play and with Zanatta, Hastie and Cawley there was plenty attacking threat in the team. I did think that perhaps Spence would have put away one of those chances where it pinged around the penalty area.

Zanatta and Hastie caused United all kinds of problems and both were excellent. Cawley ran himself into the ground. Hetherington was commanding and Flannigan assured. Roscoe also slotted in well on his debut beside the brilliant Andy Graham, who was also a big threat for us at set pieces.

The goal was a beauty and a terrific moment. Would have been criminal if we had lost. Plenty chances created, hitting the bar and Liam Dicks rocket of a volley looked netbound. 

The narrowing of the pitch has attracted plenty criticism, but yesterday i thought it helped us. It ensured we werent stretched too often and forced United to try and play through us- they were getting no joy playing wide. And we dealt with this well.

Don't know if many caught the quite random bust up at time up. Appeared Jim Goodwin tried to shake hands with a couple of the Dundee United bench as Parry lined up to take the final goal kick of the game. Werner Burger (?- older guy) the coach appeared to take a real exception to this, and there was a bit of verbals. Goodwin walked away from it to shake hands with United players and speak to Laszlo but Burger had to be restrained into a sitting position following a quite astonishing hissy fit. 

Very entertaining afternoon overall. Good atmosphere and if we keep the level of performance that we have shown in first four games we shouldnt fear anyone. Team looks great.

Though Hastie was superb had Murdoch in his back pocket. Probably his best performance to date. Herrington and Flanny in the middle worked tirelessly in the middle while Kev just dose what kev dose. Back four looked solid Roscoe looked if he had played with Andy for some time.

Zanatta and trouten both had great chances in first half probably on another day one of these go in.

Also great to have a number of options from the bench today. Burt coming off the bench gave us a different perspective which United struggled to cope with.

Could not understand why United finished with 11 men on the park.

4 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Though Hastie was superb had Murdoch in his back pocket. Probably his best performance to date. Herrington and Flanny in the middle worked tirelessly in the middle while Kev just dose what kev dose. Back four looked solid Roscoe looked if he had played with Andy for some time.

Zanatta and trouten both had great chances in first half probably on another day one of these go in.

Also great to have a number of options from the bench today. Burt coming off the bench gave us a different perspective which United struggled to cope with.

We started with eleven and no one was sent off.  I trust that clears it up for you.  HTH.

Totally can’t understand how he stayed on the park

This. If that isn’t a booking then I have no idea what is.

We were excellent today, and with some decent finishing we wouldve won that game comfortably. Andy graham was the best player on the park yesterday, absolutely outstanding, never put a foot wrong throughout the game, and roscoe looked comfortable beside him.

Squad is looking a lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago and was nice to have options off the bench, although i still probably wouldve put spence on at some point, seemed like the type of game he could nick a goal in.

7 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

This. Made sure to mention the ref bottling it in the highlights.

Personal opinions on the challenge aside surely when releasing something under an official club social media you shouldn't be saying that the referee bottled it...

4 minutes ago, Wilky1878 said:
1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Personal opinions on the challenge aside surely when releasing something under an official club social media you shouldn't be saying that the referee bottled it...

Report me to the compliance officer. zzz

Charming reply. Jim Goodwin can get in trouble for saying stuff like that about officials so can't there be a come back on the club for slating officials on our official social media pages?

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You could have instigated a riot. :lol:

Hide contents

If you were playing Sevco

Can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Wilky1878 said:
5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Charming reply. Jim Goodwin can get in trouble for saying stuff like that about officials so can't there be a come back on the club for slating officials on our official social media pages?

Listen if you have an opinion you've got to stick with it. I'm not going to change my opinion based on someone not liking criticism. That would be like me getting angry at  you telling me how to do my job? You can do it. Doesn't mean I'm going to listen to you. Might make me dislike you.

The social media is for what? It's to drum up interest. That is an entirely valid talking point of the game which is hardly abusive to referee. As far as I'm concerned it would be a disservice to not highlight it.

Listen if you have an opinion you've got to stick with it. I'm not going to change my opinion based on someone not liking criticism. That would be like me getting angry at  you telling me how to do my job? You can do it. Doesn't mean I'm going to listen to you. Might make me dislike you.
The social media is for what? It's to drum up interest. That is an entirely valid talking point of the game which is hardly abusive to referee. As far as I'm concerned it would be a disservice to not highlight it.
I'm not saying that the point can't be highlighted. There is a difference between highlighting an issue and saying the ref bottled it though and that difference can be the difference between it all being fine or the club being fined.

Archived