Alloa v Dundee United 1 September 2018

Other than Edge, thats about as good as we could have for this game.  Id go with that too tbh.    

13 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Rakovan
Watson Frans Edge
Aird Rabitsch Barton Booth
Loemba
Safranko Clark

2-0 Utd

Or he might go 

Rakovan
Murdoch Watson Frans Booth
Aird Rabitsch Barton Loemba
             Safranko Clark

To shoehorn Murdoch in at RB.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Looking at the stats we're certainly not the better team.

We haven't been. Alloa should probably be ahead. Adam Barton is already starting to annoy me

Within 5 minuites of watching Barton i thought he was chronic. Slow, shite and lazy as f**k. Looks like a cross between a pub league player and this guy 5b8aa92ca9657_images(9).jpeg.f4400664a44dbd63727c10d22a54fe09.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Dire stuff. A point was the very least Alloa deserved.

Thought that too but when you scored i had the fear , but we never give up and it would have been extremely harsh if we lost. we were really good today 

i thought, and with time to gel the new players we will take a few scalps in future

Yep, very good today. More than matched United. Good spirit again to snatch an equaliser.

With a bit more composure, and maybe luck, we would have won that game. Flanny's free-kick was as good a one as I've seen from him, and that's saying something. What a class act he is.

Solid throughout the team, with Roscoe and, in particular, Zanatta fitting in well. Kevin Cawley was the best player on the park for me. Liam Dick also had a good aggressive game.

Liam Burt gave us an attacking spark when he came on. I'd expect him to start ahead of Trouten at Tannadice.

The most encouraging thing for me is that we are taking teams on, rather than just sitting in and trying to sneak a goal on the break. Playing good football.

I thought United were OK and still expect them to be there or there abouts at the sharp end of the season.

We were lucky to get a point, Rakovan didn’t make many saves but if Alloa had been a bit more composed in front of goal they could have had three or four.

Our biggest weakness was central midfield where we were overrun , Rabitch and Barton are woeful; particularly Barton who I heard being rightly described as “too casual” by a number of folk during the game.  

Our failure to control the centre of the park was the main contributory factor to Alloa’s dominance though the formation didn’t help.

4-2-1-1?  4-2-3-1?  It was hard to be certain, but it certainly wasn’t two up front.  Safranko, who I thought was very good and tireless, had insufficient support; we need two strikers playing together and working for each other.  Loemba also needs to hold his position better.

I thought Robson had a decent game whereas Murdoch was poor.  Laszlo’s substitutions were once again ineffectual.  I can understand taking Rabitch off but Glass hardly touched the ball in almost half an hour and the defensive subbie blew up in our face once again.

Great free kick for the equaliser.  Rakovan may have been too far to one side but even if he had been positioned better he would have probably not saved it.

Fyvie, Stanton and Clark back and a genuine two up front and we could do well in this league.

Large travelling support = awful team performance. A tale as old as time itself.

We were lucky to get a point. A part time team should not be the ones pressing more as the game goes on.

I'll reiterate that I feel we have the best squad of players in the league. Whether that will be enough to mask Csaba's glaring deficiencies and we can win the thing is the big question.

I am fully accepting we are stuck with The Clown for the foreseeable.

25 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

A part time team should not be the ones pressing more as the game goes on.

We are very fit for a part time team, Alloa have in recent years never really shown to tire at last quarter as you might expect , been like that since the days of    errmm Hartley dare i say it  :-)

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

We are very fit for a part time team, Alloa have in recent years never really shown to tire at last quarter as you might expect , been like that since the days of    errmm Hartley dare i say it  :-)

Well that is to Alloa's credit and should be an embarrassment to our full time professionals and fitness and conditioning coach.

Maybe we could bring Hartley in...

Archived