Airdrieonians v Stranraer

We need to move on from Saturday as quickly as possible, It's happened and not it's time to move onto next week. I think it would be very harsh to blame Findlay for what happened on Saturday and I'd go with the same starting 11, maybe swapping Cairns for Millar. With the same effort and intensity as we had for 87 minutes against Ratih we should be looking to win this but again it'll be a tough fixture. If we lose then I'd say that the pressure is well and truly on the management team.

Agree with what's been said so far. A big test of character and bottle on Saturday and the players and management team need to be up for it and give us a response. Would have Robertson back in the team (assuming he's back from suspension), put Stewart back in the midfield and start Millar and Duffy (assuming Duffy is fit) for McIntosh.

A big/convincing win would be lovely after Saturday's horror show but I'll take a scrappy win by any means necessary. A nervy 2-1 win for Airdrie... 

If we don't win the pressure is really on Findlay.

Given that a much poorer team managed to deal with Stranraer at home last season ( tho not away) I would hope our stronger current squad would win: but this is Airdrie so who knows?  I assume Robertson is back and a fit Crichton should mean 4-4-2 but that might mean Conroy being benched ( maybe deserved after Saturday) if you keep Gallagher in.  Or 4-3-3  with Gallagher/Millar/ Stewart and Carrick/McIntosh or Duffy/ Victoria?  I agree that if Findlay does not get it right the doubts will continue to strengthen. Can't believe he will drop Victoria but if Robertson comes back in something has to give.

Given that a much poorer team managed to deal with Stranraer at home last season ( tho not away) I would hope our stronger current squad would win: but this is Airdrie so who knows?  I assume Robertson is back and a fit Crichton should mean 4-4-2 but that might mean Conroy being benched ( maybe deserved after Saturday) if you keep Gallagher in.  Or 4-3-3  with Gallagher/Millar/ Stewart and Carrick/McIntosh or Duffy/ Victoria?  I agree that if Findlay does not get it right the doubts will continue to strengthen. Can't believe he will drop Victoria but if Robertson comes back in something has to give.

I thought Conroy had a decent game on Saturday if you discount the mistake.

If that mistake happens and you still win 3-1 or 3-2 then its forgotten.
Players at this level will always make mistakes, that's why they're at this level. Some just get punished more than others.
If Conroy carries on the way he has been and puts in another 30+ performances similar to the majority he's already put in, he'll be a contender for POTY.

5 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

I was trying to reply to the post which suggested bringing Robertson and Millar and Duffy back in and wondered if that meant dropping Victoria/Mcintosh , who have been really good attackers as has Carrick, That left me wondering if Cairns deserved to lose out for Millar as he has given real energy there. That led me to muse on whether Conroy's position is always guaranteed. I agree that he has been excellent and one mistake does not lead to a bench place but I thought it was worth a debate. Nearly all our corners and free kicks are taken by him so what happens when he gets injured?  I suspect as others say that there will be little change in the starting 11 on Saturday. 

Be happy to get anything from this one especially given Airdrie’s squad changes over the summer. Have them down as top 3 or 4 this season.

Win at home and try and get a point on the road will do.

I’ve sent you a private message to see if you could help with something. Would you be able to come back to me on that?

Thanks in advance

Watched highlights of Stranraer win over Montrose-scored from corners so we better be on alert. Montrose did have quite a lot of attacking but could not convert chances. It will be a tough test again if we switch off. Interesting to see Stranraer with names on jerseys and it made it easy to spot Brownlie who will no doubt want to impress for his new club. Still don't know if we should go down that road when our new strips arrive-always thought 1-11 was still the classic garb and avoided all those daft high numbers, but maybe that is me just being grump.

Archived