What’s happening @ Girvan?

Billy XBoswell

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They brought in all those players probably on no budget and with no money to buy players either id reckon . Mate at work said they had 1 player signed at the start of pre-season . That number at least gets them a team on the pitch and now they have got the quantity now but can they be turned into quality . They need results soon or they'll be gone by December . Wish them well getting out their situation .

38 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Maybe you should be a bit more gracious, not every club can afford to pay someone a full time wage to fundraise.

I’m only winding you up mate. I think they have done a great job and people don’t sometimes appreciate how much work and effort goes into running a club. Spank did a great job hence the reason Girvan wanted him.

9 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

They have done a great job, and a club giving it billy big balls, like you about your club is piss poor.
What other junior club can honestly afford to pay a full time wage to a fundraiser?

I know they have done a great job. 

Also the Whitletts committee has also worked hard and the club is reaping the rewards of that. They have put the club into a position to employ a full time fundraiser, this hasn’t just been luck and good fortune. I am not giving it billy big baws due to how well Whitletts are doing and how other teams who work equally as hard are doing compared to them. I was only trying to wind you up, nothing more. I enjoy that sort of thing, incase you haven’t noticed.

All junior teams committees work hard just to keep the club running. It’s hard for them all and some do better than others. Doesn’t mean they work or try harder. Sometimes it’s like the Craigmark case where with a very small budget they brought in some good players for not a lot of cash and got promotion. 

23 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Hold on a minute, Craigmark know where they are in the game, yous aren’t as big time as you like to think.
I know 3 players you tried to sign in the summer and couldn’t match wages from Craigmark and other teams.

Well can’t be that much of a shoestring budget then at Craigmark. 

Paying more than we think, explains the promotion. I liked it better thinking the players were playing for the jersey not the money.

Nobody at Whitletts think we are a big team from what I can see, just a club working and trying hard to be the best they can be and who knows what that may look like. It might be where they are now or it might get better, time will tell. 

Seems to be a good structure in place at the club at the moment. 

I know they have done a great job. 
Also the Whitletts committee has also worked hard and the club is reaping the rewards of that. They have put the club into a position to employ a full time fundraiser, this hasn’t just been luck and good fortune. I am not giving it billy big baws due to how well Whitletts are doing and how other teams who work equally as hard are doing compared to them. I was only trying to wind you up, nothing more. I enjoy that sort of thing, incase you haven’t noticed.
All junior teams committees work hard just to keep the club running. It’s hard for them all and some do better than others. Doesn’t mean they work or try harder. Sometimes it’s like the Craigmark case where with a very small budget they brought in some good players for not a lot of cash and got promotion. 

How many full-time employees do you lot have.

Archived