Arbroath vs Brechin City

Good for City, coming back for a point.

Deserved all 3 by end of it, two cracking goals from Jackson in fairness.

Only plus side is we played that badly and still managed to avoid defeat.

Smith had similar game to Hester last week but Wallace poor too today so hard to judge. Infact everyone was pretty poor. Only one that had a good game today was Swanks.

Get McKenna back in we really need him, Omar needs benched too, get Denholm back in, he works very hard but that’s it.

Thomson was bleeding pretty bad I think and dunno if they'd have got him cleaned up quickly enough.

Feels like a defeat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to tell how good or bad Arbroath were first half as we were absolute pish, as usual with Dods we don't seem to start playing till after halftime and have to say Arbroath did not look great when you are going at them. Hendry looks a player hopefully he can stay clear of injury and with Jacko getting back to something like himself who knows !!  it was also a make shift defence today with Hill & McLean out when they are back I am sure we will steady things up at the back. Mon the City

A pretty frustrating afternoon, well second half more particularly when  Brechin  got back into it but we should've seen a  2 goal lead at home out but we never got going in the second half and paid the price.

Is this the crap Brechin team some Brechin supporters have been whinging about they looked ok to me,years of massive overachieving have obviously left some of their fans with a over inflated expectation of their team, they have had one bad season albeit very bad under Dods in a league that they shouldn't be near anyway he did get you there as well as saving you the season before. Brechin  supporters do you realise how fortunate you have been for the past 20 odd years for a town/village so small. One Darren Dods:)

Difficult to tell how good or bad Arbroath were first half as we were absolute pish, as usual with Dods we don't seem to start playing till after halftime and have to say Arbroath did not look great when you are going at them. Hendry looks a player hopefully he can stay clear of injury and with Jacko getting back to something like himself who knows !!  it was also a make shift defence today with Hill & McLean out when they are back I am sure we will steady things up at the back. Mon the City

Personally don’t think we played great in the first half, we played reasonably well and deserved the lead but didn’t have to do to much to get it.

Last week v East Fife we came out exactly the same way, except last week we got away with it because EF couldn’t finish their dinner. Different story yesterday with Jackson getting you back into it with a lovely goal. Soon as that went in I feared the worst. Honestly think we thought we had the game won by half time yesterday, just like we did last week, maybe getting away with it last week made us believe that more too. Just glad we held on for a point by the end.

Second half was pretty awful from both teams too I thought, somebody really should’ve won it but after it was 2 each the quality went out the window. Turned into a bit of a basketball game.

Hendry looked ok, done well for the first goal but didn’t do much else and missed a great chance when Burns rolled it back to him. Jackson was class and my MOTM, although there were only a handful of players on both teams who could’ve been in running for that. Also like your number 10 whoever he is.

Unbeaten in 5 is great, but when you’ve drawn 2 the way we have, the Dumbarton 91st minute goal and yesterday being 2 up it doesn’t feel that way just now.

Hopefully learn from that yesterday, no more second halves like that, 2 very winnable games up next, Forfar at home and Stenny away. Chance to extend the unbeaten run.

Just as,well for us Arbroath took the foot off the gas in the second half. First half we were back to the same old shite don't understand why Dods is playing orsi as a right back when we have lynas sitting on the bench he's good at getting forward but not so great at defending. Good come back in the second half though Jacko looking like his old self again and Hendry looked pretty good when he came on hopefully we can keep him fit. Would have taken a draw at the start of the game given how good Arbroath have been so far. Still not convinced Dods is the man for the job but as long as we keep grinding out results looks like we will be stuck with him

That’s the poorest Arbroath performance I’ve seen in a long time.

i was impressed with Brechin, definitely the best team we’ve played, also not sure what their fans have been whinging about / expecting.

still top and unbeaten but really could’ve had maximum points by now.

That’s the poorest Arbroath performance I’ve seen in a long time.
i was impressed with Brechin, definitely the best team we’ve played, also not sure what their fans have been whinging about / expecting.
still top and unbeaten but really could’ve had maximum points by now.

Shades of Stranraer at home last season in that second half.

Wallace and Hammy were frustrating and poor today. Swankie was best player. Dick rushed subs and should have put on Pongo instead of Denholm and we needed more support up top and through the middle. We are being opened up too much through the middle and do not have any defensive midfield backup as I think we could do with giving Whatley a rest for a game although I'd keep him in for the Forfar game. Against Annan I would drop Smith and Wallace for McKenna and Hester.

Hope Thomson is OK and available for next week. It was a bit worrying when he stayed down for so long.

Fair play to Brechin, they were poor in the first half but came out fired up for the second half and we didn't. Can't afford to give away 2 goal leads at home if we have any ambitions of staying ahead of the competition. But I suppose, being realistic, at this level with part time players, can't expect too much. Maybe a little more tactical awareness.

Would have liked to have started with Denholm and McKenna, thought Bobby Linn and Gav Swankie played well but Hamilton wasn't at his best.

Said it at the start of the season, I don’t think that Whatley and Swankie can play together all season if we want to win the title. 2 weeks in a row we’ve been continually cut open through the middle when the other team is going at us. Swankie has started the season on fire, so he has to start, but who would come in to replace Whatley?

Hope Thomson is OK and available for next week. It was a bit worrying when he stayed down for so long.
Fair play to Brechin, they were poor in the first half but came out fired up for the second half and we didn't. Can't afford to give away 2 goal leads at home if we have any ambitions of staying ahead of the competition. But I suppose, being realistic, at this level with part time players, can't expect too much. Maybe a little more tactical awareness.
Would have liked to have started with Denholm and McKenna, thought Bobby Linn and Gav Swankie played well but Hamilton wasn't at his best.

I wouldn’t risk Thomson in the diddy cup next week

still really concerned regarding lack of replacements for our back 4. we need to get more cover in that department. after thompson went of we bring on gold as right back gold is not a full back. we are spoilt for choices in midfield upfront but we need an experienced defender in as soon as possible

Archived