Arbroath vs Brechin City

still really concerned regarding lack of replacements for our back 4. we need to get more cover in that department. after thompson went of we bring on gold as right back gold is not a full back. we are spoilt for choices in midfield upfront but we need an experienced defender in as soon as possible

Golds been excellent whenever he’s played at right back before?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't understand why Dods is playing orsi as a right back when we have lynas sitting on the bench he's good at getting forward but not so great at defending.

He’s playing Orsi at wing back where I think he has been very impressive. Two assists against Dumbarton and heavily involved in the other goal coupled with another assist yesterday would suggest he has found a position where he is very effective.

The problem for me is the fact he continued with 3 centre backs despite the fact he only had one available!

We did exactly the same the previous week v East Fife and could have been similarly punished. A halftime lead and failing to start second half seems to be deadly. I can’t think the halftime peptalk encourages complacency but not a healthy pattern of behaviour
The 20 or so minutes in the second half at Montrose, East Fife and again yesterday. What does DC say to them at half time. Should be job was half done. Needs to the addressed imo.

One aspect of yesterday - Brechin were big and strong and we seemed a bit lightweight by comparison and, in too many situations, pushed off the ball a bit too easily. As the season progresses and the pitches/weather deteriorate, this becomes more of a factor. Of course, it doesn’t help when we’re playing too many long balls when we can often pass through and around well enough.

One aspect of yesterday - Brechin were big and strong and we seemed a bit lightweight by comparison and, in too many situations, pushed off the ball a bit too easily. As the season progresses and the pitches/weather deteriorate, this becomes more of a factor. Of course, it doesn’t help when we’re playing too many long balls when we can often pass through and around well enough.
Didn't help that Brechin were allowed to be physical but ref blew for a foul any time we did anything remotely similar.

Got to get Finn Graham in the team. [emoji848]

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:19, lichtie23 said:

Brechin are comical

You went early there.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:19, lichtie23 said:

Brechin are comical

12 hours ago, keptie said:

A pretty frustrating afternoon, well second half more particularly when  Brechin  got back into it but we should've seen a  2 goal lead at home out but we never got going in the second half and paid the price.

Is this the crap Brechin team some Brechin supporters have been whinging about they looked ok to me,years of massive overachieving have obviously left some of their fans with a over inflated expectation of their team, they have had one bad season albeit very bad under Dods in a league that they shouldn't be near anyway he did get you there as well as saving you the season before. Brechin  supporters do you realise how fortunate you have been for the past 20 odd years for a town/village so small. One Darren Dods:)

Yes I do realise how fortunate we have been but for the most part Dods likes to defend, ALOT!

10 hours ago, Smokerson said:

That’s the poorest Arbroath performance I’ve seen in a long time.

i was impressed with Brechin, definitely the best team we’ve played, also not sure what their fans have been whinging about / expecting.

still top and unbeaten but really could’ve had maximum points by now.

The first half is what we have been seeing for ages. The second was much better but giving teams two goal starts will mostly undo us.

More of the second half please and less of the first.

The match officials made some really strange calls for both teams, no consistency whatsoever. That certainly doesn’t excuse the way we played in the second half, though. There’s no question Brechin came out for the second half much improved, but Christ knows what went on at halftime in our changing room :lol: As if last week, where we were battered at the start of the second half and lucky to get away with it, wasn’t enough for us to ensure we picked up where we left off, Brechin came from 2 down to win last week as well. Second half I think we got run over in the middle of the park. Swankie started to fade a bit, and Whatley, as he was last week, was constantly caught 5 yards ahead of play. Absolutely crying out for Scott Martin in the middle of the park. Smith did okay, but McKenna and Wallace work so much better. Although in the second half, I thought we were more inclined to play long balls where McKenna/Wallace were going directly up against the Brechin centre halves, whereas in the first half we looked to play the ball in behind more. 2 points dropped but still top, only 31 games to go [emoji12]

31 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
44 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Didn't help that Brechin were allowed to be physical but ref blew for a foul any time we did anything remotely similar.

f**k off you idiot

13 fouls each mmmmmm!!  

I wasn't talking about fouls given away which includes all kinds of tackles etc, I was specifically meaning the physical side of defending which went unpunished but if the attacker did anything similar it was pulled up.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

That’s interesting. All through the game we were complaining that every hard City tackle ended up a foul for Arbroath but each hard tackle by Arbroath was unpunished. In truth the Ref was average - unlike the clown on the far side line who got about 4 offside decisions wrong in the second half alone. I still think we have the basis of a good side and with McLean and hill back plus Hendry will we be thereabouts at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:
4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:
13 fouls each mmmmmm!!  

I wasn't talking about fouls given away which includes all kinds of tackles etc, I was specifically meaning the physical side of defending which went unpunished but if the attacker did anything similar it was pulled up.

Please miss the big boys are picking on me get a grip :lol:

That’s interesting. All through the game we were complaining that every hard City tackle ended up a foul for Arbroath but each hard tackle by Arbroath was unpunished. In truth the Ref was average - unlike the clown on the far side line who got about 4 offside decisions wrong in the second half alone. I still think we have the basis of a good side and with McLean and hill back plus Hendry will we be thereabouts at the end of the season.

Can’t help but feel the linos in this league just guess. Every week they are utterly hopeless.

Archived