Arbroath vs Brechin City

Our 2nd derby of the season against a Brechin side that will surely be on a high after their comeback win against Dumbarton. McKenna to return with Hester most likely dropping to the bench. Hopefully a healthy crowd and a Lichtie victory

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fancy us again to be honest.

I’d be tempted to bring Smith and McKenna in, either out right or upfront. Hester and Kader dropped.

Denholm, Hester and McCord on off the bench.

Agree with this

9 minutes ago, keptie said:

You've had your wee purple patch, natural order is taking over again.emoji6.png

You said that the last time as well !!!  :lol:    

This season might be different right enough  as we are giving everybody a fair chance by sticking with our manager.  ;)

You've had your wee purple patch, natural order is taking over again.[emoji6]

To be fair, Brechin’s purple patch has lasted a good few decades at least in terms of being ahead of the Lichties. Way before that I occasionally followed City when Arbroath or Vics we’re not on.. then they overtook us.

For this Saturday’s game, it will be tight and our mediocre home record must always give opponents a chance esp since Brechin have got their sealegs in League One after their dire Championship season. Clinical finishing at New Bayview was the only difference between the teams last Saturday - the performance didnt really warrant getting ahead of ourselves. Early days though so time to slip into a better groove with the bonus of a decent start which might partly be down to laying 3 of the first 4 away from home.

To be fair, Brechin’s purple patch has lasted a good few decades at least in terms of being ahead of the Lichties. Way before that I occasionally followed City when Arbroath or Vics we’re not on.. then they overtook us.

For this Saturday’s game, it will be tight and our mediocre home record must always give opponents a chance esp since Brechin have got their sealegs in League One after their dire Championship season. Clinical finishing at New Bayview was the only difference between the teams last Saturday - the performance didnt really warrant getting ahead of ourselves. Early days though so time to slip into a better groove with the bonus of a decent start which might partly be down to laying 3 of the first 4 away from home.
Yeah my wee purple patch comment was very much tongue in cheek as it has lasted for decades much to our annoyance, just hope we can keep up our great start to the season.

I'm sure the Brechin fans will smugly enjoy reading this but I don't think any other clubs ability to outperform us in my time watching Arbroath has annoyed me as much as them. With the greatest of respect, Brechin is a fucking village with a quarter of the population of Arbroath, and home attendances half of what we consistently get. While I understand a club like Alloa outperforming us due to their geographical location and that Brexit voting, Tory loving, smug, arrogant, fat baldy w**k Mike Mulraney giving the club a very good sponsorship deal through his own company it simply isn't acceptable to me that Brechin have consistently outperformed us for so long.

I know that Brechin train further south than us (assuming it's still Stirling they train at?) which helps geographically and have a good reputation for looking after their part time players but at the end of the day Arbroath is a far bigger town with a far bigger support and ultimately should be doing far better than Brechin.

All credit to Brechin for their over achieving over the last 10/ 15 years now, they deserve a lot of plaudits for it but as one of our rivals it pisses me off. Hopefully the next few years see Brechin back in their box in the lowest tier and see us continue to thrive at the top end of this division with hopefully another Championship/ promotion into the second tier. ;)

48 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

While I understand a club like Alloa outperforming us due to their geographical location and that Brexit voting, Tory loving, smug, arrogant, fat baldy w**k Mike Mulraney giving the club a very good sponsorship deal through his own company 

I wonder if any other clubs have that kind of  arrangement ? 

16 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I wonder if any other clubs have that kind of  arrangement ? 

There is no other part time club in Scotland with a chairman who has renamed their ground to the name of their own company in a 10 year sponsorship deal which enables them to sponsor the club to an elevated level for a sustained period of time, as far as I am aware. This quite clearly has put Alloa at a level above their station for a number of years due to this investment, among other things. I've no issue with Alloa at all, it's obviously worked well for them and whenever Mulraney leaves the club I presume he will leave them in a healthy position, which is credit to him....... I still think he is an odious p***k though :)

I presume you're trying to allude to Arbroath having some sort of similar arrangement to the one Mulraney has at Alloa which is very odd considering I attend Gayfield Park for our home games and I haven't seen any sponsors boards, ball sponsorship, player sponsorship, shirt sponsorship or any other kind at Arbroath by our current chairman since he assumed the position (or previous chairman for that matter) personally or by businesses they run.

There is no other part time club in Scotland with a chairman who has renamed their ground to the name of their own company in a 10 year sponsorship deal which enables them to sponsor the club to an elevated level for a sustained period of time, as far as I am aware. This quite clearly has put Alloa at a level above their station for a number of years due to this investment, among other things. I've no issue with Alloa at all, it's obviously worked well for them and whenever Mulraney leaves the club I presume he will leave them in a healthy position, which is credit to him....... I still think he is an odious p***k though [emoji4]
I presume you're trying to allude to Arbroath having some sort of similar arrangement to the one Mulraney has at Alloa which is very odd considering I attend Gayfield Park for our home games and I haven't seen any sponsors boards, ball sponsorship, player sponsorship, shirt sponsorship or any other kind at Arbroath by our current chairman since he assumed the position (or previous chairman for that matter) personally or by businesses they run.

I’m looking forward to our new deal with George Rowe’s company so we can all head down the Megatech Arena in the future

Archived