Stenhousemuir -vs- Dumbarton

Just now, FifeSons said:

I thought a carry out meant a takeaway. Have I been out of Scotland for too long, or is this an expression East Coast teutchers like me wouldn't be familiar with? :huh:

I think it must be your teuchterness. A carry out is definitely drinks. Even a non-drinking posh boy like me knows that.

Anyway I woke up today feeling confident. So I'm afraid we're getting hammered. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I think it must be your teuchterness. A carry out is definitely drinks. Even a non-drinking posh boy like me knows that.

Anyway I woke up today feeling confident. So I'm afraid we're getting hammered. 

Interesting. This must be how all my English colleagues felt when I kept using the word 'outwith'.

Me too. This doesn't bode well.

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I thought a carry out meant a takeaway. Have I been out of Scotland for too long, or is this an expression East Coast teutchers like me wouldn't be familiar with? :huh:

That's the Edinburgh in you. If he'd said "kerry-oot" I'm sure that you would have known. :cheers

I’ve actually done a U-turn on starting Aitchison.

If we are in trouble and needing a goal, bringing on a fresh pair of pacey legs to run at a tired defence might be a better option. Not to mention, he would come off the bench with no pressure and a lot of freedom. Whereas, say we brought Loy on in a difficult situation, with the pressure he’s already facing and his lack of confidence, it might not work out as well.

Archived