Annan Athletic FC 2018/19 Season

Well as it seems every other club has one for the season ahead, I thought I would start one for the mighty Annan. 

Well the league has started well. We are yet to lose, even though every other club we play think they should have won the game or got something out of it! Puzzling. 

I am under no illusion that we will probably stumble at some point, but where the momentum is still with us, why not, why not get in the playoffs, or more if the Peterhead wagons wheels come off, let’s be there or there about. Dreaming, yes, but that is what it’s all about isn’t it? 

Really wish we could get more home fans through the turnstile while this good run continues. 

#dreaming 

Edited by AAFCSim

• 4 weeks later...

***ANNAN ATHLETIC SHAREHOLDER NOTICE***

The first Shareholders meeting has been confirmed. It will be held up at the Football club on Friday 5th of October at 7.30pm.

I would like to encourage as many Shareholders as possible to attend.

If you haven't yet but would like more information about becoming a Shareholder or other ways to get involved in the club please feel free to get in touch.

Jim Thorburn
Supporter Liaison Officer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't think our club  is in a good way.

In  about  3 weeks time they will report about a £49 k LOSS, so I have been told.

AGM delayed due to  some financial parity ! &  then move to 6.30 on Friday 30th  Nov.

6.30  ?  ?   Do they not want people there!

So our Community club advertise  on facebook ( no everyone is on facebook) - asking people to donate old winter jackets for the homeless in  Glasgow , organised by Hardip for the Scottish Sikh community. Fantastic gesture.

Leave donations club  shop from 2pm.

2.05  not open.

My friend and  me brought some jackets but were met with a  similar response when we asked where  do you want the jackets for  the homeless ?

Committee man Terry  O'Donnell -  oh see young  Ginger  (committee  man)

Committee  man David ( Buster ) Robinson -  nothing  to do wi me see Ginger

I saw Ginger - " Yeh put  in club shop"

Saw John  Peel ( runs  club shop )  "NO dont want them see Ginger"

Gordon Hyslop ( committee as well) - not interested

Kinda pissed off I even made the effort which was apparently  not appreciated.

Pal said the same.

7 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Surprising loss for Annan today! 

I what  AAFCSim or any other Annan fans think about your chances of making the play-offs?

Slim chance. If Annan are in the playoffs it'll be in 4th place, and only just.

Playing some nice stuff at times but just not being clinical enough. I'm not sure who should be starting up front at the moment, I suppose it's good to have options at this level but none are currently firing. 

On the plus side there's not been too many conceded and that's been largely with a makeshift backline. It'd be good to have Watson and/or Swinglehurst back to allow Hooper to get back to full back and Sinnamon back in midfield.

We've also yet to see if losing Kevin Rutkiewicz from the coaching staff will have an impact. Hopefully not, but he seemed to be a big influence, time will tell.

We've also yet to see if losing Kevin Rutkiewicz from the coaching staff will have an impact. Hopefully not, but he seemed to be a big influence, time will tell.

I’m only going by what I have seen over the last 3 weeks, and may regret this post in a couple of months time, however, I think losing a guy like KR is going to have some kind of impact to Annan. I don’t claim to know what your coaching team is like but a character like that is hard to replace.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I think losing a guy like KR is going to have some kind of impact to Annan. I don’t claim to know what your coaching team is like but a character like that is hard to replace.

Agreed, and is what I fear. It's a young squad at Annan so his leadership could be missed

Playing some nice stuff at times but just not being clinical enough. I'm not sure who should be starting up front at the moment, I suppose it's good to have options at this level but none are currently firing. 
On the plus side there's not been too many conceded and that's been largely with a makeshift backline. It'd be good to have Watson and/or Swinglehurst back to allow Hooper to get back to full back and Sinnamon back in midfield.

I think Sinnamon is better suited at right back. Yes we could do with a settled centre half pairing but Hooper has been doing a great job and to be honest I don’t rate Sinnamon in midfield. The main problem we have is putting chances away, which Muir is obviously struggling with at the moment so maybe Ferguson deserves a run of games

4 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

The main problem we have is putting chances away, which Muir is obviously struggling with at the moment so maybe Ferguson deserves a run of games

Absolutely. I was disappointed Fergusson didn't get on yesterday. He looked ok when he got a run of games at Queens last season and I've seen no reason to think he wouldn't do well for Annan if given the chance

On 11/11/2018 at 02:42, DG.Roma said:

As we saw with the Elgin v Berwick game on saturday,  it's a wide open league and almost any team can go and get a win.

Probably still 6 or 7 teams could be in the play-offs at the end of the season.