Annan Athletic FC 2018/19 Season

Absolutely. I was disappointed Fergusson didn't get on yesterday. He looked ok when he got a run of games at Queens last season and I've seen no reason to think he wouldn't do well for Annan if given the chance
I think I'd like to see Ross Fergusson and Aidan Smith start a run of games together upfront. Tommy Muir is decent back up but I think Smith and Fergusson would prove to be our top pairing given the chance. I'd also prefer to see big Peter Watson back at the heart of the defence. We've missed him and the injured Swinglehurst.

14 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

I think I'd like to see Ross Fergusson and Aidan Smith start a run of games together upfront. Tommy Muir is decent back up but I think Smith and Fergusson would prove to be our top pairing given the chance. I'd also prefer to see big Peter Watson back at the heart of the defence. We've missed him and the injured Swinglehurst.

Me too. Smith and Henderson top scorers last year, one of them banging them in elsewhere and the other only getting cameos from the bench wide left. Smith started great last season but maybe needed taken out and made to work hard for his spot after getting bullied out of too many games. Hopefully now he's ready.

When Fergusson was over on loan last year I liked the 4-3-3 with Smith on the left, Fergusson right and Henderson through the middle. I'd like to see Murphy try this with Fergusson in the middle and Johnston on the right. It'd mean Wallace playing deeper than he'd like but there'd be plenty of pace up top.

Shareholder Update
The club would like to thank everyone who has already voted in our upcoming board election and that have had their say in 'Your Club.

Every shareholder that hasn't already voted will be getting sent postal details of the ballot this week and there will details posted in the Annandale Observer on Friday.

A ballot box will be available in the social club from Fri 23rd Nov until Thur 29th where those who don't have access can then vote.

If you would like to vote online but haven't received the details then could shareholders please message the page with your email address. We'll update our database to include an email and also send out the online vote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, we've just signed Ben Armour who was on loan at Galabank last season. It didn't look like he had a great time of it, so could you say some nice things about him to make me confident that he's the man to fire us to safety?

To be honest he never got much game time when he come to Annan. At the time our Strikers Blair Henderson and Aidan Smith had started to perform well plus we had Ross Fergusson on loan from Queens so his opportunities were limited.

15 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

To be honest he never got much game time when he come to Annan. At the time our Strikers Blair Henderson and Aidan Smith had started to perform well plus we had Ross Fergusson on loan from Queens so his opportunities were limited.

Cheers. I was worried when I saw how few games he'd started for you guys, but having other strikers in better form would explain that.

All the best. Hopefully be seeing you next season (in League One that is, although a trip to Galabank would be one of very few positives about relegation!).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...