Celtic v Rangers 2nd September

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bennett said:

Old school...

Beef and black bean sauce with chips and chicken wings.

Well obviously we're going to bring defensive cover, injuries and suspensions etc.... Anyway I'm pleased with the players we've brought in and the improvements we've made, after Thursdays wee jaunt to commieland it was always going to be a big ask against the invisibles.

Windass was good  but too inconsistent.

Can you answer how much that Rangers starting eleven cost in transfer fees?

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can you answer how much that Rangers starting eleven cost in transfer fees?

Not accurately without researching every single transfer, at a guess I'd say around £6 or £7m.

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

According to transfermarkt

McGregor - free
Tavinier - ?
Goldson - 3.4
Katie - 2.28
Barisic - 3.4
Arfield - free
Kent - loan
Ejaria - loan
Lafferty - ?
Morelos - 1.2

Slightly more than our centre forward then? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

According to transfermarkt

McGregor - free
Tavinier - ?
Goldson - 3.4
Katie - 2.28
Barisic - 3.4
Arfield - free
Kent - loan
Ejaria - loan
Lafferty - ?
Morelos - 1.2

I'm sure barisic was around £2m

Morelos was reported as around £900k but some higher...

Lafferty was undisclosed but with reports of around £400 - £500k

Tav was around £200k

Katic was undisclosed but reports varied from £1.5 to £2m

Goldson was also undisclosed but with reports of around '£3m.

Ryan Jack has called for Old Firm referee Willie Collum to be demoted by his SFA bosses.
The Rangers midfielder slammed the official for failing to spot that he’d been fouled by Celtic’s Tom Rogic at the start of a counter attack which led to Olivier Ntcham's derby day winner.

Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard hit out at the whistler when he insisted Collum cost his side a draw.
But Jack, drafted into the Scotland squad on Sunday, called for Collum to be dropped to the lower leagues as punishment.

Speaking through salty tears of Monkey pain, the 26-year-old said: “I think that’s what should happen. If you’re making mistakes time and time again why should you be refereeing top games?
“I felt Rogic took my leg away when I was in the air and when I came down I went over on my ankle. That one was costly for us.

“We’re the ones that lose three points, we have to live with that. I don’t know if anything gets done if a ref gets things wrong.”

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is slagging off refs publicly not a ban or fine in Scotland?  Bringing the game into disrepute or something?  Or am I making that up?

Depends which you club you represent, I expect.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is slagging off refs publicly not a ban or fine in Scotland?  Bringing the game into disrepute or something?  Or am I making that up?

Yes. 

But then again stamping on folk in a high profile game, singing banned songs, and throwing items as players, usually leads to action against clubs too. 

For some reason there's two clubs treated differently. 

8 hours ago, bennett said:

I'm sure barisic was around £2m

Morelos was reported as around £900k but some higher...

Lafferty was undisclosed but with reports of around £400 - £500k

Tav was around £200k

Katic was undisclosed but reports varied from £1.5 to £2m

Goldson was also undisclosed but with reports of around '£3m.

Ok, so even taking your lowest fees for each player, that comes to £8m, and that’s not even counting your subs. I would reckon that is approximately 6 times the total spent by all 40 clubs in the SPFL outside of Celtic. Do you think that you are getting value for money, as Rangers were only saved from a 4 or 5 goal thrashing by a goalkeeper who cost nothing? Just to put it into context, remember that Celtic also beat another team 1.0 at Celtic Park last Sunday, whose entire squad probably cost absolutely nothing.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, so even taking your lowest fees for each player, that comes to £8m, and that’s not even counting your subs. I would reckon that is approximately 6 times the total spent by all 40 clubs in the SPFL outside of Celtic. Do you think that you are getting value for money, as Rangers were only saved from a 4 or 5 goal thrashing by a goalkeeper who cost nothing? Just to put it into context, remember that Celtic also beat another team 1.0 at Celtic Park last Sunday, whose entire squad probably cost absolutely nothing.

You should have asked that first rather than trying to be cute but I'll play along.

The fees were mostly undisclosed, media speculation maybe miles out, so we have to be wary about figures here.

Value for money, yes. Players who know what they're doing and finally look like a team.

A keeper saving shots, isn't that what they're meant to do? We've always relied on keepers (Goram, Klos etc) doing that at Parkhead.

It is indeed all about context, a heavy schedule of games including an exhausting long distance trip was bound to have an effect. Sadly an honest mistake ruined the game plan. But Celtic are a better team, no one can deny that.

Really dont get the furore over the ‘foul’ for the goal. From one angle it looks like Rogic fouls jack, the other Jack fouls Rogic. Either way its hardly a stonewaller. Ive been hacked off in the past when your team loses by an obvious decision, this was no where near a certainty.

Honestly. The state of grown men getting that bothered about the fitba.
I might have behaved like that when I was about 13. These people are scary.

State of them minter. They are good at giving it out but can’t take it back. Both sets of fans are bad as each other

Archived