Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

5 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Looking forward to this game tomorrow, one of the best away days of the season, early morning train and pub crawl in West End before hand and after, can't whack it! Although we always seem to struggle away to patrick no matter how well we are playing I think we'll do the business, played well 2nd half of the cup a few weeks ago and should have got something from the game, if we start that way we'll be fine, should be a cracker! 

We are stronger now that we were last time we played Partick.  our team barely knew each other then, and we had some experimental formation with Tidser at left back.  I don't think we have anything to fear from Partick at the moment, but I wouldn't expect us to win by a large margin.  Probably be one goal in it either way or a draw.  Although a massive win for the Ton would be nice of course, but O'Ware being out probably makes that less likely.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Looking forward to this game tomorrow, one of the best away days of the season, early morning train and pub crawl in West End before hand and after, can't whack it! Although we always seem to struggle away to patrick no matter how well we are playing I think we'll do the business, played well 2nd half of the cup a few weeks ago and should have got something from the game, if we start that way we'll be fine, should be a cracker! 

We have a pretty shit record against Patrick too. We haven’t beaten them in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

We have a pretty shit record against Patrick too. We haven’t beaten them in my lifetime.

Thrree choices here. Either you're having a go at the fact the guy didn't notice his predictive text substituted Patrick for Partick, or you're still in primary school, or most likely both.

9 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Thrree choices here. Either you're having a go at the fact the guy didn't notice his predictive text substituted Patrick for Partick, or you're still in primary school, or most likely both.

It’s none of those.

4 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

21 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I think it's honking patter cause we never said Thistle, the lady boys with Liam Gallagher doo's that don't like it when they are called Partick.

We don't like being called Partick right enough but we HATE* being called Patrick...:whistle

*not that bothered personally.

We're going to need 90 minutes of absolute scenes to save this thread.

I'm wary of over confidence here. We're playing well and had a fantastic result last week but we're hardly hammering opponents and we're only three league games in. When Tidser's on form we can control games and by the sounds of it Partick could be a defensive shambles without O'Ware, but it wouldn't be the first time we've looked like favourites going into an early season meeting at Firhill and somehow ended up getting pumped.

It'll probably be another sub appearance for him tomorrow, but I can't fucking wait for a fully fit Denny Johnstone being supplied by an on form Michael Tidser.

25 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

5b8933eeda2a9_tenor(2).gif.22b4b720c9d022964cb07ffacf2a812f.gif

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm wary of over confidence here. We're playing well and had a fantastic result last week but we're hardly hammering opponents and we're only three league games in. When Tidser's on form we can control games and by the sounds of it Partick could be a defensive shambles without O'Ware, but it wouldn't be the first time we've looked like favourites going into an early season meeting at Firhill and somehow ended up getting pumped.

It'll probably be another sub appearance for him tomorrow, but I can't fucking wait for a fully fit Denny Johnstone being supplied by an on form Michael Tidser.

I've stuck £50 on Morton to win*, that's how confident I am. I'd be willing to bet twenty times that amount, that this thread won't get any better.

Football wise I don't think we will get a Morton side anywhere as bad as the first half of the Bet Fred tie. I also doubt we'll  get a Thistle side as productive as that first half either.

I'll take Morton's second half performance as the benchmark and I just feel we will struggle in the middle of the park as well as at the back which has the knock on effect of limiting chances and goal scoring opportunities for our forwards.

Then again it's the Championship and anything can happen...

*I also did this bet on Falkirk winning...I'd be happy to take the three points again, tbh.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's an exciting thought, isn't it? I'm not too sure how this game will go. Usually when Morton fans get a bit optimistic and the opposition are on poor form it ends in tatters for us but I'm hopeful if we play like we did last weekend we'll get a win. A clean sheet for our defence that now looks to be gelling would be great as well. No doubt we'll be on the receiving end of a pumping now. 

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

It's an exciting thought, isn't it? I'm not too sure how this game will go. Usually when Morton fans get a bit optimistic and the opposition are on poor form it ends in tatters for us but I'm hopeful if we play like we did last weekend we'll get a win. A clean sheet for our defence that now looks to be gelling would be great as well. No doubt we'll be on the receiving end of a pumping now. 

This happened a few years back. We had started the season well, top of the league and went to Firhill on a Friday night full of confidence. We lost 5-0.

2011 maybe?

EDIT it was when the “great feeling...” thread started :lol: 

20 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

This happened a few years back. We had started the season well, top of the league and went to Firhill on a Friday night full of confidence. We lost 5-0.

2011 maybe?

EDIT it was when the “great feeling...” thread started :lol: 

Remember it well. Seem to recall it was absolutely pishing down as well? 

I detest opposition fans saying "our team is shite" just now. As when Morton play them we usually get beat and they're not shite.

Lets hope Partick or Thistle or whatever they're called really are shite and we take all 3 points  

Archived