Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

Just now, Nightmare said:

Did they announce 300 away fans, or is that just what you've heard a fan suggest you had?

Looked about 600-700 to me.

There were 821 away fans, the announcer said 321 but said afterwards on social media he misread the  printout. Not quite Jordan Stokoe levels of myopia but still...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Word of advice to the Thistle announcer guy, cut out the thing after a goal when you say the scorers first name and the crowd shouts his surname. That only works in a stadium with 90,000 passionate fans foaming at the mouth the whole game.

If you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

We do things our way. You can do things your way.

Pleased with that. First half was pretty atrocious but overall the three points were very much deserved.

Ntambwe looked (expectedly) a couple of yards off the pace, but after a pretty horrendous first half, actually looked pretty decent in the second. Promisingly looking a fitting replacement for Osman. Slater was excellent again, and Erskine had a very good game as well.

Still can’t believe that disallowed goal. I would’ve been even more fuming if we’d ended up dropping points from that.

Watched game last night. Second half we played some lovely team football. I was mightily impressed with Storey and Penrice down the left. I also thought Bannigan was easily the best player on the field for the last 20 minutes. I don’t know if that was just because he hasn’t played for so long and he’s incredibly excited to be back but as Archie says he’s the clubs best baller. On that cameo I’d have to agree. Keep him fit and we’ll win football matches. Tam our new midfield man also looked tidy and I agree took pressure off the centre half’s who also looked good. McGinty is some big solid lad in the air. Coming into a game.

Two lovely goals. Well worked and regards Morton I think they look tidy and will take some points off some good teams this year but lack some cutting edge. Tough to lose your manager like that. If McKinnon doesn’t help Falkirk he will be toxic based on the way he walked out the door. Employers won’t take kindly to that.

Nice cup game next week to get some more time for our increased squad and get Banzo and Tam more minutes.

Much happier now and with Jai and Couley to come in we look like a competitive top half team. I won’t get carried away enough to suggest winning the league, but certainly competitive.

7 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

If you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

We do things our way. You can do things your way.

Fair enough, and I agree with your first line. It would probably cut the number of posts on here by about 70%, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. 

You have to admit, though, that his attempts at getting the crowd to shout out the scorer's name yesterday fell completely and quite embarrassingly flat.

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Fair enough, and I agree with your first line. It would probably cut the number of posts on here by about 70%, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. 

You have to admit, though, that his attempts at getting the crowd to shout out the scorer's name yesterday fell completely and quite embarrassingly flat.

Also, claiming they are “the only team in Glasgow” was a bit cringey.

56 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Where’s VirginTon? That was a lovely wee win yesterday.

It's Sunday, he'll be sticking fresh pins into his Stephen Dobbie, Warren Hawke, Jim Duffy, Ray McKinnon  and David Hopkin wax dolls.

And cracking yet another one off in front of the Brian Wake shrine in his bedroom.

Gets through four boxes of Kleenex a week, that boy.

16 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I was there but didn’t see what he did

Foul on McKeown after he was beaten. Should have been a booking IMO. But obviously not the worst bit of officiating of the day.

9 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Got to feel for the Morton fans who have nothing better to do than try and dig out Thistles stadium announcer ,must be in a real bad state that club of yours if this is all you have to contributeemoji23.png

First post on P&B and already accumulated a reputation of -1.

Not the most auspicious  beginning. 

Archived