Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either we deliberately mess about Morton fans, or the Morton fans on here are talking shite, because they’re the only fans who seem to complain about their visits to Firhill. And we’ve just spent 5 years dealing with fans of clubs who bring bigger away supports, with fewer complaints.

I’d go with the ‘talking shite’ option, tbh.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Imagine getting into such a state about the away end at Firhill whilst simultaneously getting into a state if someone mentions the away end at Cappielow is shite. Morton fans of all people should know that home fans don't really care when away fans complain about the facilities. 

If there isn't enough turnstiles open it's usually your club to blame for underestimating the away crowd when the clubs speak to each other. It's something our club is atrocious at as fans standing outside Easter Road half an hour into a game demonstrates.

It's £20 entry too so unless you intend on paying in £50s then you'll be getting f**k all change. 

7zi7.gif

19 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd have thought Firhill was a reasonable away day, pints in Great Western road, wander up to the ground, piss all over the supine home side, either train back home or into town for a bit.

On the plus side for Thistle, I've made 3 games this season- Stenny, Morton, and Falkirk so I'm still somehow at 100% and this will be game #4 (game #5 should be County in October). If Morton don't piss about  with players out of position like they did in the first half of the cup game I'd expect them to win.

But we'll be fine when the injured / ineligible / not match fit / declared dead players are up to speed.

There is no chance Tidser will be at left back, that's for sure. 

Most of the team picks itself at the moment;

Scully.

Tumility Kilday Buchanan McKeown.

Miller  McAlister  Tidser.

MacLean  McHugh    Iredale.

Lined up like this on Sat and would imagine it will be very similar on Sat. Denny Johnstone might start over McHugh but more likely he will start on the bench. After Sat we have 2 weeks until DU game on 15th of Sept so you would imagine Denny will be fully  fit for that game.

The only other issue is will Iredale keep his position or will Telfer or even Oliver come in. If Denny starts, he might even move McHugh out wide.

Btw on Scully, he has been absolutely fine for us. Had a poor first game to start but done nothing wrong since, pulling off a couple of great saves and  has commanded his box well. Gaston will be frustrated but Scully appears to have the jersey until he fecks up!

How will Thistle line up?

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Either we deliberately mess about Morton fans, or the Morton fans on here are talking shite, because they’re the only fans who seem to complain about their visits to Firhill. And we’ve just spent 5 years dealing with fans of clubs who bring bigger away supports, with fewer complaints.

I’d go with the ‘talking shite’ option, tbh.

The third option is that they live in better surroundings than most people. But I'm going with the 'talking shite' option too.

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

If we lose this game at home and a gap begins to open up between us and top 4 I don’t think it’s long before a managerial change occurs.

After this we’ve got the east fifers in the cup, and two tough games against teams we are supposed to
win if we are to be a season long top 4 club, with ICT away and QoS at home. We remain winless and I think the board will sack Archie or he’ll be told to do the right thing and walk. I don’t see Archie getting the tough games v County and Dunfermline if we’re lingering at the bottom end of the table.

That said if we win this weekend and carry that to a win in the cup we may see yet again Archie taking us forward, but he needs to show he can get the team consistently winning to challenge and get and stay in the top 4.

If he can’t I just don’t see how the Jags board can keep him on. We were told he had 1 season to right the mistakes of last season.

Do you not remember the times of the Bunnet? Our boards are impervious to reason, fans' wishes or even results. That's why we're at this level now.

Scully has been good so far. Made a few impressive saves, especially the double save against Queens which was quite outstanding. 

I've a feeling McKinnon will keep the same starting line up as last week, but might be tempted to start Denny. 

Don't like being confident going into games , but we are getting players back from injury at the right time and our team as a whole are gelling quite well.

Scully

Tumilty Buchanan Kilday McKeown

McAlister

Millar          Tidser

MacLean                                                Iredale

Johnstone

Same as Saturday's line up suits me, although if Johnstone starts then I wouldn't be surprised with Telfer coming in to replace Iredale. I'd be happy either way. Telfer hasn't produced the sort of performances I've expected of him yet, although we might not see that while he's playing on the left.

I'll go for 0-1.

Saying that a goalkeeper who gives away clangers has 'done well' for not chucking one into the net in a few games rarely ends well. 

Despite the seethe from the Partick fanbase this could still be a difficult game - I'd still expect us to have one or two horror shows ourselves while the team gels. A draw would be fine IMO although Denny coming off the bench to score a winner would be delicious.  

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could be worse. Could be covered in shite and ye could be forced to pay extra to sit on it ten minutes later than ye'd like because a bumpkin club can't handle an away crowd.

John Lambie’s doos really got you riled didn’t they?

My Predicted Team

Scully

Tumilty, Waddell, Buchanan, McKeown

McAllister Millar

Tidser

MacLean, Johnstone, McHugh

My Predicted Scoreline

Partick 1-3 Morton (Doolan) (Johnstone, Tidser, and Oliver  being brought on as a sub) 

Looking forward to this game tomorrow, one of the best away days of the season, early morning train and pub crawl in West End before hand and after, can't whack it! Although we always seem to struggle away to patrick no matter how well we are playing I think we'll do the business, played well 2nd half of the cup a few weeks ago and should have got something from the game, if we start that way we'll be fine, should be a cracker! 

Archived