Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Looking forward to Coulibaly and Fitzpatrick tearing this mob up.

A lot of Thistle fans could be tearing up come 4.45pm on Saturday...

Spoiler

C5166DA9-536D-4D4C-94A1-0D25E56A8A51.gif.e4bdaa977bf3559f235e46560d7c11d8.gif

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd have thought Firhill was a reasonable away day, pints in Great Western road, wander up to the ground, piss all over the supine home side, either train back home or into town for a bit.

It SHOULD be but Thistle always manage to f**k it up a wee bit. Either not opening up enough gates so yer still outside at kick off even when ye rock up fifteen minues afore kick aff. Running out of hot food before half time. Not having enough change so ye need to pay extra to get in. The only seats left being covered in bird shite and the stewards getting all huffy when ye refuse to sit on it. Having to sit down at all is bad enough to be honest.

Despite all that it's still one of the better away games for the reasons ye mentioned but it's nearly a year since I last got to Cappielow so would rather a home game was on.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It SHOULD be but Thistle always manage to f**k it up a wee bit. Either not opening up enough gates so yer still outside at kick off even when ye rock up fifteen minues afore kick aff. Running out of hot food before half time. Not having enough change so ye need to pay extra to get in. The only seats left being covered in bird shite and the stewards getting all huffy when ye refuse to sit on it. Having to sit down at all is bad enough to be honest.

Despite all that it's still one of the better away games for the reasons ye mentioned but it's nearly a year since I last got to Cappielow so would rather a home game was on.

The absolute state of a Morton fan complaining about facilities for an away support.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could be worse. Could be covered in shite and ye could be forced to pay extra to sit on it ten minutes later than ye'd like because a bumpkin club can't handle an away crowd.

Sounds like we handle away crowds perfectly well going by your wee tale of woe? Thank you.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Multiple tales of woe. Your club's failures are consistent.

Your mewling corresponds to alleged events six years ago. Things move on, so should you. 

Imagine getting into such a state about the away end at Firhill whilst simultaneously getting into a state if someone mentions the away end at Cappielow is shite. Morton fans of all people should know that home fans don't really care when away fans complain about the facilities. 

If there isn't enough turnstiles open it's usually your club to blame for underestimating the away crowd when the clubs speak to each other. It's something our club is atrocious at as fans standing outside Easter Road half an hour into a game demonstrates.

It's £20 entry too so unless you intend on paying in £50s then you'll be getting f**k all change. 

If we lose this game at home and a gap begins to open up between us and top 4 I don’t think it’s long before a managerial change occurs.

After this we’ve got the east fifers in the cup, and two tough games against teams we are supposed to
win if we are to be a season long top 4 club, with ICT away and QoS at home. We remain winless and I think the board will sack Archie or he’ll be told to do the right thing and walk. I don’t see Archie getting the tough games v County and Dunfermline if we’re lingering at the bottom end of the table.

That said if we win this weekend and carry that to a win in the cup we may see yet again Archie taking us forward, but he needs to show he can get the team consistently winning to challenge and get and stay in the top 4.

If he can’t I just don’t see how the Jags board can keep him on. We were told he had 1 season to right the mistakes of last season.

Archived