Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

From a Thistle perspective this feels like the build up to the Falkirk game where a home defeat seemed a near certainty. Difference is Morton have a competent manager and haven’t signed players just for the sake of it.

Ive no idea what state we’ll be in by next Saturday. McCarthy, Gordon and probably O’Ware out. Perhaps a couple of signings in, possibly a central defender on loan.

I can’t see past an away win at the moment, tbh. 

:green

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be an interesting match thread!  In the cup game we hammered them in the first half, fell out the game, as usual, in the second half and were  hanging on for dear life. I will settle for that again.  Hard one to call as there will be incomings this week, though likelyhood is that it will take 4/6  weeks for them to get up to speed as per norm at Firhill. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

From a Thistle perspective this feels like the build up to the Falkirk game where a home defeat seemed a near certainty. Difference is Morton have a competent manager and haven’t signed players just for the sake of it.

Ive no idea what state we’ll be in by next Saturday. McCarthy, Gordon and probably O’Ware out. Perhaps a couple of signings in, possibly a central defender on loan.

I can’t see past an away win at the moment, tbh. 

:green

A couple of signings in? According to jagzone he is only after one more defender and that’s it unfortunately 

31 minutes ago, third lanark said:

A couple of signings in? According to jagzone he is only after one more defender and that’s it unfortunately 

Well if Brice is fit (a big if) he will make his debut and maybe Souleymane (a massive if) as well. Think we are the only club in Scotland that sign players who are never fit enough to walk straight into the team. Think most Thistle fans would like to see a player already at the club making his full league debut next week, even though he is only 17!!

We are in pretty decent shape at the moment with Denny Johnstone getting 15 or so minutes yesterday after playing 45 for the reserves on Monday so he should be close to starting next week. We have no one out injured which probably never happened under Duffy, always seemed to have a few out!

MacLean is a big player for us and he went off yesterday but think it was just a dead leg so hopefully he is fine.

Team is continuing to improve and gel so pretty confident going into this one. No reason why we can't get the win. 

I don't think O'Ware is actually injured.  Feigning injury to avoid a hounding from the away fans next Saturday.  The manner of his departure has left rather soured his reputation at Cappielow.

5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't think O'Ware is actually injured.  Feigning injury to avoid a hounding for the away fans next Saturday.  The manner of his departure has left rather soured his reputation at Cappielow.

Wise move from O'Ware, he even played in the cup game between the 2 sides to throw everyone off the scent.

8 hours ago, madton said:

Have you boys heard anything on Quitongo? Obv training with you, are you expecting to sign him?

Last thing we need is more injury prone players on our books, but if he was fit I would take him in a heartbeat!

31 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Last thing we need is more injury prone players on our books, but if he was fit I would take him in a heartbeat!

According to Archie we are only planning to bring in a central defender.

Chairman's comments in Saturday's programme mentions that the Quitongo situation is "still in limbo"  I would take from that the contract was offered, withdrawn and now Jai is free to sign for another Club, but we would be looking for some kind of fee / arrangement.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. We seem to be getting better week by week and the team is already gelling well. We still have a couple of players returning from injury and perhaps not match fit yet - maybe they will get a run out in this afternoons reserve game against Hibs.

From last Saturday, I liked the look of the McHugh/Denny partnership up front which lead to the 2nd goal as Denny flicked it on for McHugh to smash it into the net.

Also thought Iredale on the left of midfield  worked too.  Wonder if Ray will continue with that or if it was a one off? 

McHugh played better when Johnstone came on and he was moved over to the left of the attack. That could work with MacLean on the right. The midfield three of Millar, McAlister and Tidser is working really well so no need for change there.

Confident of getting at least a point here.

Archived