Ross County vs Falkirk

9 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

In terms of positives for today, I was glad to see a lot more fight and passion for the team. Ultimately, however, I don't believe most of the players we have have the quality required to play at this level. I can't see anything other than relegation unfortunately unless there's a substantial change in the playing squad.

It was Gordon Youngs team today, we still have McGhee to come in and for me our two most offensive players in Robson and Greenwood, also it was Ross County away......never an easy place to go even if they were in our position, which they have afore

9 hours ago, Russ said:

After the disgusting capitulation last week it was at least good to see a lot more fight and determination from the team today.

Defensively we were a hell of a lot better and although both goals were defended fairly poorly with the amount of defending we done in the game it really was inevitable we would concede.

Going forward we offered nothing really. Couple of decent long range hits from Froxylias and Dallison had a late header saved on the line was about it.

McKinnon has got some job on his hands with us. Defensively there is something there for him to work with us and make us hard to beat but we really don’t have any attacking threat in the squad which is also horribly unbalanced.

The defence is horrible, the 2nd goal was just a guide in how not to defend, Dallison who tries to be clever an pass the ball out and passes to the opposition, Harrison who can be best summed up as decent in the air but the 35yr old Dobbie giving him 3 yard of a start and winning the battle. Kidd who isnt a good right back but perhaps ok at wing back, the left back is up for debate as we have three of them, one who has looked shoddy, one who is more in the attack mind and one who has barely played to really judge him.

I honestly dont know where you get the we have something defensively to work on unless you are suggesting we only shipped 3 v QOS and it couldve been 8....

The first thing Id want to do is get McGhee in the centre to see where we are as Dallison and Harrison are a bad dream, yet we have something to work with !!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yes, you very probably are.

i see your team lost today. What happened? How come the dead rat sorry, dead cat bounce didn't work for you?

I see your team lost yesterday. What happened? Did a bigger team swagger in, take your manager off you and leave your entire club, support and even local media in a raging mess?

Guest Back Post Misses
Falkirk TV saying the Falkirk fans were aiming chants at the club? Anybody tell us what that's about?

CC getting it tight. The words Hibee and bas**rd in the same sentence too. [emoji162]

Guest Back Post Misses

Positives

Fight, Sammut, fans not forgetting who helped cause the mess we are in

Negatives

Easily beaten in the end and still way short of quality

McKinnon has a tough job

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Positives

Fight, Sammut, fans not forgetting who helped cause the mess we are in

Negatives

Easily beaten in the end and still way short of quality

McKinnon has a tough job

I wont be at a game now until September 22nd. If we can keep that up until then that would be fine please. I would like to participate in a sack the board type witch-hunt. It will remind me of the venomous abuse levelled at Fulston, the fat p***k.

So aye, lets redirect our considerable energy upstairs.

[emoji38]
What a strange, angry little man.
Looking forward to the big relegation showdown in October already lads!
I'd like to know what in that post shows anger. But given you replied in the middle of the night it's probably the Hooch talking.

Weird game in some respects.

County almost completely bossed the first half without creating any really clear cut via a combination of determined Falkirk defending, poor finishing and a want to overplay it- though we did use the ball really well at times. Falkirk possibly had the best chance of the first half when Fox made a decent stop coming off his line. First ten minutes of the second half were one way traffic with Brian Graham missing a sitter screwing up his jump and Midge drawing a decent save off the Falkirk keeper. Then Falkirk grew into the game a little bit before Lindsay scored- not clever defending after the save, two Falkirk players seemed to get in each other's way.

We lost our heads for about five minutes after the goal and got sloppy, gave Falkirk a few half chances including a header from a free kick that must not have gone far wide. The second goal was a clever move with Graham, Midge and McManus linking well. 

Falkirk look okay defensively and have some quality up front but have zero organisation in midfield, totally reliant on just crowding us out in the middle of the park- which worked well for 60 minutes or so.

53 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

We have 11 good players in that team, we just haven't figured what sport they should be playing. 

We have Lithuanian sprinter and a couple of Rugby 7s players for sure. 

Brough did a decent job on Mullin until he came off. We got a lot more joy down the right once he went off. On the left, Kidd had a torrid time against Midge when he got the ball. Is he a natural centre half or a right back?

It's not all that hard to accumulate null points in 4 games and I thought there was definitely material for McKinnon to work with, assuming he is more able than Hartley.

County played lots of nice football to little effect and apart from wee spells in 2nd half it was all in the Falkirk half of the park. But the defending was decent, pretty comprehensive and only worn down by pure attrition in the end. 

Tbf to Kidd he never got any help as at no point was there anyone playing in front of him. Gardyne would’ve caused most problems with his performance.

Btw I’m not a great fan of Kidd at right-back but looking at the squad we’ve been left with he’s probably the best option.

23 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Brough did a decent job on Mullin until he came off. We got a lot more joy down the right once he went off. On the left, Kidd had a torrid time against Midge when he got the ball. Is he a natural centre half or a right back?

He's a natural catalogue model. He played mostly central midfield last season, which is where he claims t prefer, so we play him at full back. 

3 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

It's not all that hard to accumulate null points in 4 games and I thought there was definitely material for McKinnon to work with, assuming he is more able than Hartley.

County played lots of nice football to little effect and apart from wee spells in 2nd half it was all in the Falkirk half of the park. But the defending was decent, pretty comprehensive and only worn down by pure attrition in the end. 

Niggling injuries is a recurring theme for us so far this season. Fitness coach needs binned. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Despite QoS rolling all over the top of us a week ago RC are by far the most complete side I have seen so far in this league. Strong all over the pitch. Balanced squad, physical will goals in the side. We got off lightly IMO. Had RC scored earlier I think they would have scored a few more.

At 6/4 to win the league they are great value for a big hitter in terms of betting IMO.

I also think they have two pretty smart dudes in charge

Guest Back Post Misses

That was the best he had played for us IMO.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I also think they have two pretty smart dudes in charge

Tactical genius was evident in bringing on Lindsay (scores within a minute) as well as McManus who got the other goal.

County team looked more balanced than last year.

Even without a single recognised full-back on the park.

I think that we played 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 in order to play the players available in best form. Other formations are available, but I liked how Draper and Vigurs often mopped up issues in front of the defenders, and recycled into attack.

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

If he's getting destroyed for pace at right back he's hardly going to be ok at wing back is he?

Pace is a bigger requirement for full back, Hagi at wing back never had pace and he did more than ok

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Pace is a bigger requirement for full back, Hagi at wing back never had pace and he did more than ok

Also helps that he had an amazing cross on him, didn't need to hit the byeline.

Archived