Ross County vs Falkirk

20 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Also helps that he had an amazing cross on him, didn't need to hit the byeline.

Recalling him hitting the byline a plenty and doing an awkward 180 degree twist turn to use his left foot everytime whilst playing as right wing back, his right foot was for standing on.

tbh I thought he was better on the right and only happened due to the Andy Lawrie injury, he had bags of skill on the ball too

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Recalling him hitting the byline a plenty and doing an awkward 180 degree twist turn to use his left foot everytime whilst playing as right wing back, his right foot was for standing on.

tbh I thought he was better on the right and only happened due to the Andy Lawrie injury, he had bags of skill on the ball too

I didn't mean he never hit the byeline, I meant he was good enough with the ball that he could whip it in from anywhere.

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

We lost our heads for about five minutes after the goal and got sloppy, gave Falkirk a few half chances including a header from a free kick that must not have gone far wide.

This is what has cost us so far this season. Concede very shortly after we score. Did it at Dunfermline, Hibs (twice) and Morton. Its the main issue we seem to have in the team. We switch off when we go ahead.

19 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

This is what has cost us so far this season. Concede very shortly after we score. Did it at Dunfermline, Hibs (twice) and Morton. Its the main issue we seem to have in the team. We switch off when we go ahead.

Sounds like a Vigurs and Draper trait.  They did it often enough at ICT.

Even without a single recognised full-back on the park.
I think that we played 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 in order to play the players available in best form. Other formations are available, but I liked how Draper and Vigurs often mopped up issues in front of the defenders, and recycled into attack.

That formation makes me so horny. Ever so slight variation on my 3-3-4 which I think we must play at some point this season.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sounds like a Vigurs and Draper trait.  They did it often enough at ICT.

Draper put in a lot of work watching runners coming off the back of Cowie and Vigurs who were occasionally guilty of not anticipating what was happening behind them, most likely while Lindsay coming on was the logical replacement.

Did one of the crosses in the first half hit a Falkirk defender then hit the post? I didn't have a great view from the Jailend, thought it had been blocked.

Archived