CSAFL

Hands_Free

2 hours ago, BarmyAmmy said:

Some draw that. I am sure the guys will get over this nonsense and concentrate on what they do best. Play football.

Exactly Barmy. Both sides have been here before and worn the tshirt as to agro with other teams after a game.

no time to dwell on previous games or forum chat. Im sure both will be looking forward to the challenge.

Guest joe hunter
10 hours ago, Stucafu said:

Joe are you going to bring anything of any relevance to these debates or are you just out to wind people up? My kids have more banter than zzzzzzz.

Up your game mate.

Zzzzzzzzz

10 hours ago, GoalsGoalsGoals said:

Is everyone looking forward to Oban joining the league?

Do you think other teams will start to follow from the SAFL?

Will the players fancy a jaunt every second week if they go up to the Premier and are struggling to break into the top half of the table for a couple of seasons? The grass isn't always greener, it's easier to keep boys interested when you are winning more often than not.

I hope it works out for them as they are a giant of the game but a lot of teams in the last decade or so have moved over and it's not worked out.

14 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Will the players fancy a jaunt every second week if they go up to the Premier and are struggling to break into the top half of the table for a couple of seasons? The grass isn't always greener, it's easier to keep boys interested when you are winning more often than not.

I hope it works out for them as they are a giant of the game but a lot of teams in the last decade or so have moved over and it's not worked out.

Im sure Oban Saints would have considered all the possible scenarios when making the decision. Having played in the SAFL for a long time they maybe felt it was time to try that grass out?

Its no given that they will be a top 4/5 team in the CSAFL straight away and they will know that but that will be the challenge for them and that will give them something to focus on. Im sure everyone at the club is excited about the move.

From the CSAFL and teams point of view you would have to say its a great move , another big Club in the mix and yeah a bit of a trip if you have to go up there but it may only be once a season and if ur team goes out the Scottish early it could be ur 1 real day out for the season and having played up there b4 it is a great day out!!

Im sure they will be fine very well established outfit so should be a straightforward transition for them.

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Oban Saints will be fine imo, it'll be a bigger challenge as there's obviously no guarantee of getting into the top league at the first attempt.

They're well used to travelling most weeks for league and Cup ties and they've got a good set up of youth teams below them.

The grass isn't always greener but they've won everything there is to win in the SAFL so can see why they fancy a new challenge.

Its a big blow to the SAFL I think.

Guest Mick Kennedy
22 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

I was going for the touchline reactions but now that u mention it ....emoji23.png

Haha I didn’t notice, is he a moaning face c**t aswell at the side of the park 

4 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Oban Saints will be fine imo, it'll be a bigger challenge as there's obviously no guarantee of getting into the top league at the first attempt.

They're well used to travelling most weeks for league and Cup ties and they've got a good set up of youth teams below them.

The grass isn't always greener but they've won everything there is to win in the SAFL so can see why they fancy a new challenge.

Its a big blow to the SAFL I think.

Agree with all of this. Great move for league and club alike. 

Guest Mick Kennedy

Im all for the best clubs joining the league, Oban are a fantastic club had many battles against them over the years. I stated my reservations about them joining the league only because of the travelling involved. 

But I also think we need to be very careful about leagues within the country losing their strongest club’s, the last thing I want to see is other leagues folding. 

15 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Im all for the best clubs joining the league, Oban are a fantastic club had many battles against them over the years. I stated my reservations about them joining the league only because of the travelling involved. 

But I also think we need to be very careful about leagues within the country losing their strongest club’s, the last thing I want to see is other leagues folding. 

This is also a very good point.

The other thing is has the door now been opened for any team to be accepted regardless of travelling issues or is this a one off due to the stature of Oban Saints and there undoubted pedigree?

Noticed it was mentioned on another thread that Sandys had discussed the possibilty of applying allthough I would take that with a pinch of salt.

A one off or are the league willing to open it up to create the possibilty of a best of the best association? 

Interesting.....