CSAFL

Hands_Free

The spfl has finished their season and you think an amateur league are going to try and play out the remaining games. No chance it will happen.

Whats the latest with the league, are they still trying to play the remaining games?

• 1 year later...
On 07/08/2021 at 23:04, MattEmulsion said:

Watched the new team West Park Utd beat Fallin 1-0 today. Very good team, no disrespect to the other teams in their division but I’d be very surprised if they don’t get promoted this year.

Who else is in the running to win that devision .... are Colville still around? Did Goldenhill not join the central this year aswell ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 20:29, Kickbaw said:

Who else is in the running to win that devision .... are Colville still around? Did Goldenhill not join the central this year aswell ? 

Not sure. The Gow are absolutely humping the premier so far, beat the Anvil 8-0 and Oban Saints 9-1 (I think). 

I expect all leagues will throw up some unexpected results this season. Teams r going into games decimated and its going to be a long season with Covid related call offs a regular occurance. If we get a harsh winter we could easily be playing into July! 

Good start for Lesmahagow.  Is Graham Gracie upfront making the difference for them?

Oban Saints played Lesmahagow  in Saints first league game of the season. Got beat 9-1. I heard there wasn't much in it in the first half but Saints playing with only 5 first team starters from the year before and possibly with a lack of fitness, match practice etc as they had a few postposed games, meant like Harestanes they got over run in the end.

Oban Saints played Harestanes last week.  Pretty much back to a regular starting 11. Harestanes I though looked very good especially in the first half. They had  more possession with out doing too much with it. Mostly shots from outside the box. Saints played much better in the second half and had the better chances until Harestanes scored with a suspiciously offside looking back post header. I thought Harestanes look a striker away from being a very good team. So a little surprised to see them getting beat 7-1.

Oban Saints played St Pats yesterday. Again Saints were missing a number of players. Looked like about only 5 regulars from last season. Saints went 1 nil up in the 2nd half. Game got abandoned after a collision between St Pats goalkeeper and Saints defender. Ambulance called. I think the Saints player was ok as he was sitting up before it arrived.

5 hours ago, 8 Bit said:

Good start for Lesmahagow.  Is Graham Gracie upfront making the difference for them?

Oban Saints played Lesmahagow  in Saints first league game of the season. Got beat 9-1. I heard there wasn't much in it in the first half but Saints playing with only 5 first team starters from the year before and possibly with a lack of fitness, match practice etc as they had a few postposed games, meant like Harestanes they got over run in the end.

Oban Saints played Harestanes last week.  Pretty much back to a regular starting 11. Harestanes I though looked very good especially in the first half. They had  more possession with out doing too much with it. Mostly shots from outside the box. Saints played much better in the second half and had the better chances until Harestanes scored with a suspiciously offside looking back post header. I thought Harestanes look a striker away from being a very good team. So a little surprised to see them getting beat 7-1.

Oban Saints played St Pats yesterday. Again Saints were missing a number of players. Looked like about only 5 regulars from last season. Saints went 1 nil up in the 2nd half. Game got abandoned after a collision between St Pats goalkeeper and Saints defender. Ambulance called. I think the Saints player was ok as he was sitting up before it arrived.

Yes mate, I only saw them for the first time yesterday but he was excellent. Really strong and a brilliant left foot.

Edited by MattEmulsion