CSAFL

Hands_Free

16 hours ago, Pipeandslippers said:

Can’t be far away to claim the league now 8 bit !!!

I think three more wins out of the six games left will do it. Did considerably well today seeing as they started two U18s in midfield.

9 minutes ago, Kickbaw said:

Am sure you have to play each team three times this year since the league dropped to 9 

You might be right. Not sure.

I actually got it wrong in that if each team played twice they'd play 16 games. If that was so Saints would need one more game to win the league.

Might make sense to play 3 times as some teams season could be over by the end of February if there was only 16 games.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:41, 8 Bit said:

Cambusnethan Talbot 1 Oban Saints 7

Saints still not dropped any points in the league this season.

Just read the report on their blog, apparently they're playing a 24 game league season. They'll still be promoted pretty soon I reckon.

5 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

A combination of their quality and the fact they’re playing against very poor teams every week means this isn’t a surprise. I hope it doesn’t effect them in the Scottish.

I always fancied them to go up straight away but I'm a bit surprised at just how easily they've managed to do it.

A wouldn't say that 1A has better quality over all Oban are just a very good team 1B has Bridgewater who got to the semis of the west not long ago Lesmahagow who done well in the Sunday league talbot who were a prem team last year and Blantyre who won the a cup last year 

A wouldn't say that 1A has better quality over all Oban are just a very good team 1B has Bridgewater who got to the semis of the west not long ago Lesmahagow who done well in the Sunday league talbot who were a prem team last year and Blantyre who won the a cup last year 

Would the league not consider following the Caley in going to a single First Division. Their 1st Div is a cracker this season with few teams fighting for promotion. Avoids the argument about 1a better than 1b etc

A quick look at the cup competitions in the league this season shows the gulf when teams from 1A have played teams from 1B taking Oban and Blantyre out of it.

Arthurlie 5 - 0 winners against Camb Talbot being a quick gauge.

I agree Oban are a very good side but overall quality seems varied

Would the league not consider following the Caley in going to a single First Division. Their 1st Div is a cracker this season with few teams fighting for promotion. Avoids the argument about 1a better than 1b etc

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it. I’d like to see us go down same route as the Cale but I don’t think we will which is a shame.

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it. I’d like to see us go down same route as the Cale but I don’t think we will which is a shame.

Thats a shame. Absolutely nails any argument about teams being promoted who allegedly wouldnt have if they had been in the other 1st Division. It also gives everyone a really competitive league and more variety of opponents. Been told its worked very well in the Caley and the teams are loving it.