CSAFL

Hands_Free

Massive thank you to everbody who contributed in any way whatsover to making our 60th Anniversary Dinner Dance at The Alona Hotel in Strathclyde Park last night such a success. It was great to see lots of past players/Committee and friends of the club as well as the current squad along with partners enjoying themselves in the excellent surroundings of the Alona. Here's to the next 60 years.

Another good away win for St Pats at the wkd with there rivals not playing league games. 

Good victory for Bannockburn against Harestanes to set up league Cup Semi against Lesmahagow. Good bounce back after defeat last week in the West and the loss of David Grant to Darvel.

Oban showing no sign of letting up in 1st division with another big win, looking ominous for the rest in that division. 100% record with 8 games to go, can they go a full season without dropping points? Would be a remarkable achievement if the did.

Scottish this wkd , will it be a straight forward week for the Central teams or are there any potential banana skins?

Looking forward to another good week of football.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Another good away win for St Pats at the wkd with there rivals not playing league games. 

Good victory for Bannockburn against Harestanes to set up league Cup Semi against Lesmahagow. Good bounce back after defeat last week in the West and the loss of David Grant to Darvel.

Oban showing no sign of letting up in 1st division with another big win, looking ominous for the rest in that division. 100% record with 8 games to go, can they go a full season without dropping points? Would be a remarkable achievement if the did.

Scottish this wkd , will it be a straight forward week for the Central teams or are there any potential banana skins?

Looking forward to another good week of football.

I was at the Oban Garrowhill Thistle game at the weekend.  Garrowhill played quite well between Saints 1st and 2nd goals and could easily have scored a couple themselves. They pulled one back before half time and might have thought the momentum was going their way.  However Saints scored a third not long after kick off in the 2nd half and that was it. Ended up being 6-1 to Saints.  It's been a similar story in a few of the other home games I've seen where the opposition have been well organised, competed well, not taken their chances and have not been able to sustain their good play (fitness?) past about 60-70 minutes. And obviously it's a bit more difficult when you fall behind. 

From what I've seen so far and comparing to past experiences of the SAFL this first division 1B is of similar standard up to the likes of Inverclyde and Motherwell Thistle but no Goldenhill or St Joes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good win for the Central Select team today in the first round of the Inter League Trophy.

CSAFL 7 SSMAFL 1

Young (41)
McElroy (43,65)
OG (71)
Lafferty (74)
Cameron (77)
Weir (82)

CSAFL await the winners of Aberdeenshire v Dundee Saturday Morning in the 1/4 final.

Tight game between Fallin and Harestaines with Harestaines edging it in the end. 

Think it looks like a 3 horse race although still early but Eastfield and St Pats as well Harestaines all look solid units and don't see all of them having a dip in form. From games I have seen Eastfield are the most impressive but I think there may well be a few twists and turns to come.

15 hours ago, Des18 said:

Tight game between Fallin and Harestaines with Harestaines edging it in the end. 

Think it looks like a 3 horse race although still early but Eastfield and St Pats as well Harestaines all look solid units and don't see all of them having a dip in form. From games I have seen Eastfield are the most impressive but I think there may well be a few twists and turns to come.

Not much in the game, Fallin probably should have been ahead at HT but failed to convert a couple of really goid chances. Harestanes took the lead on the hour when big Skelf ghosted in to head home from a corner. The 2nd and killer goal came on 70 mins from a good strike. 

Harestanes will defo be thereabouts when the trophies r getting handed out, big Skelf will get them important goals and Mulvey at the back is a good old fashioned defender. The left back is also a quality player.

Having seen the top 4, id say Eastfield impressed me the most , very good side the 2 Fulton lads r as good as ive seen at this level especially the right back. St Pats, have all the firepower to succeed this season and big Coleman is solid at the back. Bannockburn seem to have kicked on again after losing Grant and are also excellent going forward and out the 4 r probably going under the radar a little at the moment, they wont mind that!!

The Central Prem is shaping up to be a cracker this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...