CSAFL

Hands_Free

The issue is select manager cant keep the clubs happy. The choice is either

Sunday of Week 1. Straight after the scottish cup players are tired

Sunday 2 - we have a big west/east of Scotland cup game next week the players need to rest especially as they had a game yesterday so cant risk injury

Sunday 3- straight after the west/east players need a rest

Sunday 4. Scottish cup next week. The lads cant risk injury

Very difficult to get it right as scottish/west ties get called off then its the following week, so hard to find a date that would suit all players of the top teams.

i personally think its a bit of a non event, given that players would no doubt prefer to be in scotland set up, and its a bit much to ask the top players to commit to all 3 teams.

selects and scotland managers are onto a hiding to nothing in terms of players selected (or not) and where games fall in relation to club fixtures.

10 minutes ago, JBAFC said:

Chris routinely sends his best players to represent the select squads with no regards to what effect that has on Eastfield, fair play to him. If only more managers shared his opinion.

I think most Clubs are happy to have there players representing the league select tbh. Yeah appreciate injuries and tiredness could be an issue but if players want to go play its a good opportunity for them so I dont see Clubs standing in way of that.

Premier League is shaping up to be a cracker this season. I would say there are 3/4 teams who will be fancying thereselves to put together a run of wins and get there nose in front.

Allready you can see its not going to be easy to do that though with the other teams all showing there capable of upsetting the big guns. No team unbeaten after 5/6 games is testiment to that. 

Makes for interesting viewing and I am sure it will go down to the wire again.

On 13/09/2019 at 19:03, Chris Brown said:

I can only speak for myself but I’d never try and tell our players to not play and they have always turned up when selected. I personally think Wednesday games where possible is way forward

What nights does your team train Chris ??